handgun carry gripe

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anyone remember the email campaigns to US Beef(Arbys) and Reasors after the passage of open carry and they posted gun buster signs? They took them down.

It takes conviction to ones principals, effective communication, and community organization to make your point. Open carry Texas is a bad example of how to chnge policies and win the hearts and minds of people. Our campaigns with US beef and Reasors are good examples of how a small cross section of society can affect change. I don't like KFC or Taco Bell, but I would certainly join in a letter writing or email campaign. I haven't seen a sign at pizza hut but to be honest I don't look very hard for signs. I don't carry where statutorily prohibited and as others have said concealed is concealed. I do however like Churches Chicken, and regardless of the sign in the drive through they haven't refused to serve me or asked me to leave when I have gone through on the bike with a visibly open carried firearm.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You scratch my back and I'll scratch your back.

http://www.churchs.com/contact_us.php

Dear Sir or Ma'am, As much as my family a nd I love Church's chicken I have decided that I will no longer be able to do business with you. Your stores have a no firearms policy that in the past I have chosen to comply with. As a resident of Oklahoma with a handgun carry permit I am a law abiding citizen who has been through a local, state and federal background check, as such I am not a threat to your employees or customers. Instead am placing myself in an environment where a criminal who does not care about your policy when it is their intent to rob or do harm will continue to go about armed. Recently Reasors Grocery stores and US Beef initially posted no gun signs in response to Oklahoma's passage of open carry, only to remove them, and 2 years later not one of those stores has had an issue. I am writing to request that you change your policy,and inform you that until you change your policy to at least allow concealed carry I will no longer be spending my money with your business.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a smaller scale, I know Chelino's and OnCue also responded with a decision to remove their gun bans due to emails in part from OSA.

<edit> I tried to send a message to Church's Chicken above, but they require too much information to make it convenient for me. They want my home address (which I faked) and then want store, visit date and type, blah blah blah... they obviously aren't interested in general comments. I don't usually go to Church's anyway, so **** 'em.

bettingpython

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
On a smaller scale, I know Chelino's and OnCue also responded with a decision to remove their gun bans due to emails in part from OSA.

<edit> I tried to send a message to Church's Chicken above, but they require too much information to make it convenient for me. They want my home address (which I faked) and then want store, visit date and type, blah blah blah... they obviously aren't interested in general comments. I don't usually go to Church's anyway, so **** 'em.

KFC was just as big a hassle, I don't eat there but I took the time to send a polite notice why I would not go there due to their policy.

gerhard1

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Anyone remember the email campaigns to US Beef(Arbys) and Reasors after the passage of open carry and they posted gun buster signs? They took them down.

It takes conviction to ones principals, effective communication, and community organization to make your point. Open carry Texas is a bad example of how to chnge policies and win the hearts and minds of people. Our campaigns with US beef and Reasors are good examples of how a small cross section of society can affect change. I don't like KFC or Taco Bell, but I would certainly join in a letter writing or email campaign. I haven't seen a sign at pizza hut but to be honest I don't look very hard for signs. I don't carry where statutorily prohibited and as others have said concealed is concealed. I do however like Churches Chicken, and regardless of the sign in the drive through they haven't refused to serve me or asked me to leave when I have gone through on the bike with a visibly open carried firearm.
Oh my GAWD!! Don't ever say that on the Kansas forum, as there are a few that take such a statement as proof that you are a closet anti-gunner and a secret Sarah Brady sympathizer. You can't even say that they should have dressed a little better for their demonstration.

It's very sad, really.

Latest posts

Top Bottom