Handkerchiefs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tin Star Firearms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I carry one daily because that's what I saw my father do every single day. He worked in the oilfield and taught me how to dry out a hanky after it got too wet from use. He would either lay it over the heater vents on the dash or if it was a warm day out, he would roll it up hanging out the window. Once it was dry, good to go again. Haha, love that man.

jhb33rd

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I always have a bandanna in my back pocket. Blowing my nose, wiping sweat from my forehead. Just make sure its folded the right way after blowing your nose to wipe the sweat..... Even used one in the field for wiping my butt when it was all I had. Never leave home without one.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Too unsanitary for me. I just use paper towels (roll in the truck) or tissues.

And of course, those paper towels rolling around in the truck are "super sanitary?"

I've always carried one, although it is generally just to dab my nose if it wants to drip. If the wife and I are out walking and her nose starts to drip, she borrows my handkerchief for that as well.

And, like Sooner mentioned, I'm also always carrying a pocket knife in my pocket.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
When I was about 12 years old, my father gave me a pocket knife (Old Timer) a wallet and a handkerchief. He said that all men should carry those three items on their person every day. I've not only carried a big cotton hankie every since then, but I've recently gotten into EDC hanks, which are much smaller, about 7x7 inches compared to the usual 16x16 of traditional hanks.

The main difference between the two (other than size) is that the smaller ones usually have microfiber on one side and a bright, sometimes cartoonish type of pattern on the other. I have several from a company called GondekEDC. I have a couple of camo ones, a gray MTV pattern one (child of the 80s, ya know) a Batman/Joker one and one with blood spatter on it. I carry one of them along with a traditional hank every day. Some ask me why I carry two hanks...one for showin' and one for blowin'. :thumb:

GondekEDC has a monthly subscription called the Hank Of The Month Club (HOTMC). For $10 monthly, they send you an exclusive designed hank. The theme/pattern is usually holiday or seasonal in nature, that is not available for purchase by the public. As a member, you can also have custom pouches made from that month's hank pattern material, if you so desire.

www.gondekedc.com/hanks

Here's a pic of this month's hank that I just received today. I'll try to take some pics of my others tomorrow or Friday.

20221207_233208.jpg

OKGlocker

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My dad always carried one of those white ones, so that's what I carried as a boy... as I became an adult I started carrying a red bandana one because they were larger... Now I have all colors (even some tie dyed ones lol) and I always have one in my back pocket... its a multi purpose item for me although blowing my nose is its primary job... My wife even asks to use it every once in a while...

RedHawk357Mag

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I don't but I do use them as a head wrap for my CPAP at night. The mask straps cause some type of breakout on the back of my head if I don't. I wear long sleeves 99.9% of the time year round for sweat and cool morning nose drips.

To the guy with the 65 year old girl. Life goals, just saying 😃

Remember while you are in Walmart the guy ahead of you that your trying to help punch in his pin number, probably has a days worth of snot on his sleeve. 🤣

Latest posts

Top Bottom