Hands Free Driving

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been watching the commercials and it seems that, at least for GMC pickups, the primary benefit is the ability to clap your hands while driving.
That commercial is annoying. The other thing I noticed is that they are demonstrating it on a deserted, arrow-straight road. Unless I'm tuning the patty cake out by the time they show it elsewhere.

Gunbuffer

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got something with adaptive cruise collision sensors and lane control. I took in on a 1300 mile trip last weekend. 2 8+hr trips only stopping to pee and refuel once each time.
I was very surprised to find it very useful and made for an even more pleasant trip.
It was well worth it

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I’ve been watching the commercials and it seems that, at least for GMC pickups, the primary benefit is the ability to clap your hands while driving.
That drives me nuts when that commercial comes on. WITF associates that with hands free driving but some freeking idiot?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I just got something with adaptive cruise collision sensors and lane control. I took in on a 1300 mile trip last weekend. 2 8+hr trips only stopping to pee and refuel once each time.
I was very surprised to find it very useful and made for an even more pleasant trip.
It was well worth it
I have that on my F-250 and love it. Let's me know when someone is in the blind spot and it's adjustable so I can detect someone 35' behind me which is perfect when pulling the RV down the road. Steering wheel wobbles when crossing the centerline or the side marker to alert the driver to get back to the center of the road.

Latest posts

Top Bottom