hangun deer hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Remember the legalities. If you have a CCW, you can carry concealed during archery and ML. Otherwise, you are stuck with just your primary weapon and whatever blade you have. Open carry, anywhere in the state is, I think, not legal currently. Check with the wildlife folks to see how that affects hunting with a pistol. CB

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Remember the legalities. If you have a CCW, you can carry concealed during archery and ML. Otherwise, you are stuck with just your primary weapon and whatever blade you have. Open carry, anywhere in the state is, I think, not legal currently. Check with the wildlife folks to see how that affects hunting with a pistol. CB

I open carry on my own property, and the property that I hunt on, and have the GW's check me all the time. BUT! do not do this on any road or public property or any area where you do not have permission. Its no different than having a rifle slung over your shoulder when meeting a GW. Your hunting in a hunting area.
Sometimes I don't like the rifle banging on the pistol, so I'll put in the backpack untill getting into the stand. Carry both on the right side.
I do really like that we can carry our ccw to the field. Its not legal for deer, but its always with me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom