Happy 100, Woody!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RidgeHunter

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Awesome, Dennis.

Woodyfest is always too hot. I went to the Woody Centennial at The Brady in March and it was cool (literally).

Yeah, thank Woody for Arlo. Washington County is probably my favorite traditional folk album of all time and the dude is just a total badass.

ArloGuthrie_Motorcycle11x14796.jpg

25.media.tumblr.com_aHyNHMV3lpqp92oiIvUe5X14o1_400.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

Lurker66

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
He was a communist and a lousy singer.

I have a different opinion, he was an okie during the dustbowl/depression years. He sang about the plight of the farmers and working class. He used his fame to bring hope and optimism to his audience the same way John Lennon did, the same way Willie Nelson does with farmaid.

OKMike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Woodyfest was great, Arlo did a great job wednesday, lots of good music. i disagree with the politics of 99.9% of the festival goers but I still like the music. Woody did not have a great singing voice and he did attend comunist meetings but he was a great songwriter and I like his music. Jesus Christ is a great song. Deporte is another great one as well. He wrote and sang about the injustices of his time, I wonder what he would write today?

Latest posts

Top Bottom