Hard Horned

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I go through ALOT of pictures a day from my cellular cameras, and after a while looking at the same cast of characters, I quit noticing details. I hadn’t noticed until this morning that there are a couple that are hard horned.
Is anyone else seeing bucks out of velvet?

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Driving north, in the very east section of Kansas, early Saturday morning, saw a couple of does dart through the fog across the road, slowed and had a pair of bucks, probably 6 points each pause and let us past. Thought it was a bit early for those shenanigans?

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Driving north, in the very east section of Kansas, early Saturday morning, saw a couple of does dart through the fog across the road, slowed and had a pair of bucks, probably 6 points each pause and let us past. Thought it was a bit early for those shenanigans?
Way too early. The rut depends on the length of the day in the fall. This time of year, both sexes run together.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I’ve got bucks, does, and fawns all coming in together (at the same time anyway)...No “shenanigans” on my OK or TX places.

I am seeing a couple more bucks showing up to eat without velvet or with it hanging.

Latest posts

Top Bottom