Has anyone been to Dublin or London?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Skip London. My last time there was for an extended period. I did everything from pub crawl to hit exclusive restaurants. As a whole, I found the Brits to be less than friendly, about half insulting in their humor towards Americans and just generally not much fun. Quite frankly, the best part of the trip was hanging in an Irish bar. Ireland, on the other hand, was full of warm and friendly people. I was wearing boots and a Stetson and I don't recall ever paying for a drink (from what I can recall at all!). The people are just good as gold. Don't talk religion or politics.

Seriously, you cannot help but love the Irish.

Id rather go to Germany but the people I'm going with are going to Germany after I have to come home. They are continuing on to Amsterdam, Germany and Spain.

Erick

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dublin is without a doubt, the best Capitol City on the planet. It doesn't feel like a big city. In my experience, most of the people were naturally cheery. It's easy to find pubs with good traditional folk music but pay attention when an intoxicated older local gives you recommendations. He was trying to tell me NOT to go to George's Pub. Oh, and don't even try driving. I would have instantly been in wreck the first time I turned at an intersection.

BadgeBunny

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
:woot: Good for you proph!! You work too damn much! If you need a "babysitter" you know where I am ... :)

Skip London. My last time there was for an extended period. I did everything from pub crawl to hit exclusive restaurants. As a whole, I found the Brits to be less than friendly, about half insulting in their humor towards Americans and just generally not much fun. Quite frankly, the best part of the trip was hanging in an Irish bar. Ireland, on the other hand, was full of warm and friendly people. I was wearing boots and a Stetson and I don't recall ever paying for a drink (from what I can recall at all!). The people are just good as gold. Don't talk religion or politics.

Seriously, you cannot help but love the Irish.

I rather enjoy the Brits caustic humor ... but then again I tend to give as good as I get ... :fallangel I can't travel with GC (kids ... :D) but just as soon as I get him stuck in that home I'm off to the airport! LOL

prophet

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Dublin is without a doubt, the best Capitol City on the planet. It doesn't feel like a big city. In my experience, most of the people were naturally cheery. It's easy to find pubs with good traditional folk music but pay attention when an intoxicated older local gives you recommendations. He was trying to tell me NOT to go to George's Pub. Oh, and don't even try driving. I would have instantly been in wreck the first time I turned at an intersection.

We were going to rent a car (only like 8-10 a day there) but decided we would use public transport/cabs and not have to deal with driving on the wrong side.

mccullma

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Dublin

Grafton Street
Temple Bar
Trinity College (book of Kells)
A catheral or two with catacombs
Find a pub with local musicians one night (great music and fun)
Rugby, hurling, or Galic football match

London

Westmister Abbey (Big Ben is right there too)
Tower of London
Harrod's
Buckingham Palace
Local pub
Ride the "Tube"
Take a Red Bus for tourist

Latest posts

Top Bottom