Has anyone reloaded 5.7x28?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Glockisgood17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I tried it but gave up on it. A lacquer coating on the cases, very sensitive to powder charges to run the pistol (fn). Never could get the pistol to run reliably with reloads. Sold the whole mishmash of pistol and components, dies etc to a friend who claimed he could get it right. 6 months later he called cussing and he just said he sold the package to someone else. That pistol and caliber isn’t reloaded friendly imho!

Pistol ran fine with ANY factory ammo I shot in it.

Regards,

jake556

Marksman
Reaction score
I tried it but gave up on it. A lacquer coating on the cases, very sensitive to powder charges to run the pistol (fn). Never could get the pistol to run reliably with reloads. Sold the whole mishmash of pistol and components, dies etc to a friend who claimed he could get it right. 6 months later he called cussing and he just said he sold the package to someone else. That pistol and caliber isn’t reloaded friendly imho!

Pistol ran fine with ANY factory ammo I shot in it.

Regards,
lol this is exactly what I was afraid of, I seen ammo has started to come down for it from it’s peak is a good thing

Moparman485

Fiat Justitia, Ruat Caelum
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Yeah. My experience is the same. I wanted to get one and researched heavily into reloading. Finding someone who can successfully reload it, is about as likely as finding an honest politician.

I went with the poor man’s 5.7, PMR30, instead :)

Latest posts

Top Bottom