Has Dave Petzal joined the ranks of D. Metcalf, J. Zumbo and other Fudd gun writers

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With the market saturated at this point in time, I would imagine the profits are not as good as they were a few years back. But the Gun Salesman of the Year still has a few more months left to turn this around. He has already made statements saying that EOs along this line are already in the works and Hillary has already made much the same claims.

With 3,750,000 AR-15-type rifles in the United States (according to Slate, a lib web site), its going to be tough for any Executive order to turn them in. Will you?

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With 3,750,000 AR-15-type rifles in the United States (according to Slate, a lib web site), its going to be tough for any Executive order to turn them in. Will you?

The last time the lib dems tried a big anti gun offensive(under B. Clinton), all that happened was a bunch of them lost their seats and Republicans won. I cannot believe that they would be that stupid to try that again--but with these jackwagons, you never know. But anything that they propose will spike the market yet again.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
A 2nd Amendment take on a famous poem:

They came for the hi-cap rifle magazines, and I didn’t object – For I knew nobody needed one to hunt;

They came for the modern sporting rifles, and I didn’t object – For I knew nobody needed one to hunt;

They came for the hi-cap semi auto pistols and I didn’t object – For I knew nobody needed one to hunt;

They came for all semi auto weapons(including rifles, handguns, shotguns, .22s), and I didn’t object – For I knew nobody needed one to hunt;

Then they came for all my guns – And there was no one left to object.​

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The Zumbo scenario repeated for effect. Gun rag writers get full of themselves sometimes and the 9mm/.357/.45 flame wars have long since run their course. So, they decide to boldly go to blaze a new trail then figure out quickly that no one is following them, except for those in the tar and feathers crowd.

RugersGR8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I Googled Dave Petzal and military weapons. Petzal’s dislike for them goes back at least 10 or more years. He has been described as a curmudgeon, crotchety old man, etc. when it comes to these items. As dennishoddy has stated before, Petzal and his fellow traditionalist gun writer friends need to go to gun shows that have the items that he wants to see rather than bad mouthing the ones that don’t(hence my analogy: Dave Petzal reminds me of a guy going to a GMC Dealership and then whining/complaining that he can’t find any Ford F-250s.) Traditionalist hunters, trap/skeet shooters, IPSC shooting, action pistol shooting, 3 gun competition, long distance shooters, bench rest shooters, AR shooters, etc. need to do their thing and not bad mouth other groups. Whenever they do their bad mouthing of the other groups, all they do is to give the gun haters/grabbers “ammunition” to advance their anti 2nd Amendment & anti gun ownership agendas. That is the reason that I posted:

A 2nd Amendment take on a famous poem:

They came for the hi-cap rifle magazines, and I didn’t object – For I knew nobody needed one to hunt;

They came for the modern sporting rifles, and I didn’t object – For I knew nobody needed one to hunt;

They came for the hi-cap semi auto pistols and I didn’t object – For I knew nobody needed one to hunt;

They came for all semi auto weapons(including rifles, handguns, shotguns, .22s), and I didn’t object – For I knew nobody needed one to hunt;

Then they came for all my guns – And there was no one left to object.​

So what I am trying to say is that whatever shooting sport you enjoy just do it and don’t tar & feather the other shooting sports because they are not your cup of tea. All you do is to aid/abet the gun haters/grabbers when you do the tar & feathering. As dennishoddy has also pointed out that there are plenty of shooters that do more than one sport, they do not have any beefs with the others and they also may use the same weapon in a number of different sports as well as self defense and home defense as well.

Last edited:

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
More to the point, it doesn't matter what part of the shooting sports you are in, or if you do it just for fun, or just to be prepared, or because you can; we should ALL support ALL of them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom