Have you considered purchasing wearable body armor?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HillsideDesolate

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I avoid wearing body armor even when I'm paid to do it, not gonna do it for free in most settings.

That said, when I had to commute In a city consumes with fires, riots and armed roadblocks I wore plates for a few days, and was glad I had them.

Firpo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What is your specific need for concealable? Are you in an environment that you expect to need it, but must be discreet?
This was the first thought that crossed my mind. Seems almost everyone took the direction of riots, cities being burned, raping and pillaging and all out anarchy which left me wondering why at that point anyone would be worried about concealing body armor. Heck! By then most of you guys will have an AR slung around your neck.

Roy14

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I avoid wearing body armor even when I'm paid to do it, not gonna do it for free in most settings.
That’s been my experience. Granted it isnt discreet concealable stuff, quite the opposite, and I’ve either been standing for hours, or doing active assailant drills pulling bodies out of the killzone, triaging along the way etc. It’s obviously necessary if you’re on a team that’s actively seeking out contact but if Im not doing that I don’t think I’ll find myself in it, and I have a hard time justifying it for day off wear in any manner. I think actively avoiding situations goes a long way - and if something does happen and I can’t remove myself, aggressive violence of action will hopefully end the engagement as fast as possible. I’ve only worn dept issued one size fits most stuff and never even seen the concealable flavor in person. Maybe it’s as comfy and flattering as a pair of booty shorts.

Maybe someone on here has done some exec protection and used it and can chime in.

OkieBoogaloo

The Trees are Whisperin
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The first thing you should look into with body armor IMO is used kevlar vests that have 'expired'. You can get em cheap and they're usually in decent shape. They have to expire due to wear and age but still offer 75% or better (usually 90%+) protection in testing.

After that - the steel plate carriers are good to pick up. Smart to have SOME level of vest for every member of the family. The kevlar stuff is lighter weight and easy to wear for smaller frame peeps, but its only handgun rated.
There are new make handgun rated vests that use a plastic polymer material.. they work but i worry about long term shelf life with them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom