HB2522: Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wait. You can't carry openly on your own property right now? Gunshop employees have been doing this for generations (long before the Concealed-Carry laws of the 90's were even passed).

Like tRdoc said, there is a difference between "in" and "on" your property. Currently you can carry however you want in your property but not on your property.

There is a list of about 7 reasons you can legally open carry and I doubt you are having a parade or practicing for a military event on your property. Which brings us basically down to hunting and target shooting. If you live within city limits, most cities have a law against discharging a firearm within city limits, since it would be illegal to discharge a firearm in city limits, that means it would be illegal to hunt or target shoot on your property. Therefore you could not claim one of those exemptions.

This would clear that up and allow you to open carry on your property without a license.

osugrads

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I were talking alst night at dinner (fish Daddys is awsome) and we think that women will benifit the most from the proposed open carry laws. Generally women wear cloths that are considerably more form fitting (thank you god!) and makes it much more difficult to currently carry. So really I see this as a huge win for our lovely women, regarding in the abilty for them to truley take control of their own safety more so than just hand to hand protection.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
My wife and I were talking alst night at dinner (fish Daddys is awsome) and we think that women will benifit the most from the proposed open carry laws. Generally women wear cloths that are considerably more form fitting (thank you god!) and makes it much more difficult to currently carry. So really I see this as a huge win for our lovely women, regarding in the abilty for them to truley take control of their own safety more so than just hand to hand protection.

Have to say, I do think it's pretty sexy seeing a woman in a nice form-fitting pair of jeans toting an OWB high-rise holster with a 4" 1911... Why oh why do we men find women with guns so attractive? :D

Poke78

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have to say, I do think it's pretty sexy seeing a woman in a nice form-fitting pair of jeans toting an OWB high-rise holster with a 4" 1911... Why oh why do we men find women with guns so attractive? :D

Perhaps it's all about the holster...on second thought, maybe we shouldn't go there. :bolt:

Robert871

Sharpshooter
Reaction score

because, like a comedian who's name i have already forgotten said.
"being with a woman with a gun basically like wanting to commit suicide, but also wanting it to be a surprise!"

Latest posts

Top Bottom