HB2522: Open Carry

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cowmugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
We had a legistlative breakfast here in claremore last week and i spoke to sentor Sean Burrage and Rep Marty Quinn. Both indicated that they really don't pay much attention to form letter emails and especially form letter email from folks not in there districts. They want personal emails from folks in there districts. So my recommendation is that if this issue is important to each of us then we have to take the time and personally email our represenatives in both houses.

I understand this, however, when they accept a position on a committee, they have just accepted the job of representing the entire state. I have called Senator Don Barrington many times, never getting to a person, never getting a call back.

If Sen Barrington shares the veiw of Rep Quinn and Sen Burrage, he needs to step down from any committee.

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Which ones?

One from Rep Martin, Steve that changed the shall notify provision from "first contact" to "first opportunity". Meaning if the officer tells you to be quiet when you try to tell him, you can now remain quiet without fear of failing to notify, until he gives you permission to speak, then you tell him.

One from Rep Murphey that would allow open carry in a shoulder holster.

Final one from Rep Cockroft that would allow the initial CWL to be mailed to the address on the application instead of the sheriffs office. Just like they do with renewals.

oneof79

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
One from Rep Martin, Steve that changed the shall notify provision from "first contact" to "first opportunity". Meaning if the officer tells you to be quiet when you try to tell him, you can now remain quiet without fear of failing to notify, until he gives you permission to speak, then you tell him.

One from Rep Murphey that would allow open carry in a shoulder holster.

Final one from Rep Cockroft that would allow the initial CWL to be mailed to the address on the application instead of the sheriffs office. Just like they do with renewals.

Oh Ok, I thought those admendments were added before it went to the senate.

Slack

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hmmmmmm! Why would it be necessary to specify that?

Sorry too lazy and busy to reference the actual document, but here goes anyway. The open carry bill specifies the way you must open carry and basically says in a holster on your belt. So it was amended to include shoulder holster. I felt bad for the representative that asked, "what about ankle holsters?".

Last edited:

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry too lazy and busy to reference the actual document, but here goes anyway. The open carry bill specifies the way you must open carry and basically says in a holster on your belt. So it was amended to include shoulder holster. I felt bad for the representative that asked, "what about ankle holsters?".

Well, at least you're not as lazy as me. Thanks. I hadn't picked up on that; so darn much to read on this subject.

Actually, the ankle holster question makes sense, if you're wearing shorts. lol

hrdware

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

That would have been Rep McCollough, he asked that question because one of the things his amendment would have done was allow carry in any type of holster, as long as that holster had mechanical retention.

Latest posts

Top Bottom