Head Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Hmmm... I'm not sure if it's even legal here in Oklahoma to sell hogs like that.

If you have a shoot ranch near you that hogs are being moved to then you'll most likely always have plenty of hogs at your place to trap.
I'll always have large #'s of hogs on my place as I'm right on the Canadian River....trapping a few hundred a year helps but there are still too many to count

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it illegal to transport live feral hogs? :shocked:

EDIT: Argh. O4L beat me to it... :hithead:
Got this off the internet: The current system implemented by the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture allows the lawful trapping and transporting of feral hogs in Oklahoma. This system allows trappers to transport live feral hogs to Sporting Facilities across the state that are licensed and inspected by the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture.

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Got this off the internet: The current system implemented by the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture allows the lawful trapping and transporting of feral hogs in Oklahoma. This system allows trappers to transport live feral hogs to Sporting Facilities across the state that are licensed and inspected by the Oklahoma Department of Agriculture.
The way I see it in your case is you’re not the one transporting them, so it’s not your problem either way.:anyone:

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The transporters license used to cost $25 and for some reason I’m thinking it was only for like 24-48 hours but I’m not 100% sure.

The conservation district I work for has a Boar Buster as well as this trap we caught the 39 head in called HuntTec Mantis. With our Boar Buster we let the renter decide if they want to kill or sell them just as long as the hogs they trap are not released back into the wild.

On the HuntTec all hogs trapped have to be given a high speed lead injection and then either burned, buried or composted as per the ODAFF Regs.

Close to where I live there’s a high fence operation and they’ve been known to buy wild pork from some of our customers.

Latest posts

Top Bottom