Head Count

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dorkus

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't it illegal to transport live feral hogs? :shocked:

EDIT: Argh. O4L beat me to it... :hithead:
Per ODWC:

Can I release hogs?
No. Unless it is a Judas Pig. This is a population control technique in which a feral swine is caught, radio-collared and released at the trap site, then tracked down after it joins other feral swine so that those swine can be removed. The feral hog must be released onto the same private land on which it was caught within 24 hours of its capture. For more details, go online to www.ag.ok.gov/ais/feralswine.

hunter966

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'm dense, so I have to ask, why the different requirements depending on trap?

Naw, that’s a good question, I’m the dense one I just think everyone knows what I’m talking about.

The conservation district purchased the Boar Buster with it’s own locally earned funds so we can set our own guide lines. The HuntTec trap was purchased with cost share funds provided through the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. My district had to make a business plan to apply to get the HuntTec and part of this plan included the ODAFF guidelines regarding carcass disposal since state funding was used for the purchase.

Last edited:

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
7 foot chain link electric fence around 1700 acs....they also have all types for rare game animals (exotic) that people pay the big bucks to shoot....no hogs escape from there I can guarantee you.....Its called Hickory Ridge Game Ranch

They have elk there? I think one of my dad's neighbors in Wolf may have killed an elk on that ranch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

BobbyV

Are you serious?
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Naw, that’s a good question, I’m the dense one I just think everyone knows what I’m talking about.

The conservation district purchased the Boar Buster with it’s own locally earned funds so we can set our own guide lines. The HuntTec trap was purchased with cost share funds provided through the Oklahoma Conservation Commission. My district had to make a business plan to apply to get the HuntTec and part of this plan included the ODAFF guidelines regarding carcass disposal since state funding was used for the purchase.

Need to let my brother know about this. His place that strattles Seminole and Hughes County has a small hog problem. As evident from my trail camera pics the last several years.

Hodrod

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
They have elk there? I think one of my dad's neighbors in Wolf may have killed an elk on that ranch.

They do have elk there....pretty easy to hear them at times on a still night when they are up on the ridge...its one of the highest points for many miles around

Latest posts

Top Bottom