Heading to Tri-City this morning: You have 45 minutes to PM me to go as guest.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Ha!

OK, well it was good - not too crowded on the short range.

Rossi Youth .45 Cal ML kicks the snot out of me with 100 gr loads - fun! Reasonably accurate too with 195 powerbelts and 100 gr American Pioneer (so I guess I found a use for this crap - I managed to fit the square ".50 cal" pellets down the .45 bore with only shaving a little off the edges - good thing too, cause I had no other powder to shoot in .45 - no loose and no .45 pellets). Also discovered that the Rossi bore is very very large. Even unlubed .452 bullets slid down the bore to the bottom with very little resistance - unusable. Luckily I was able to trade an ol' boy some saboted .429 bullets I had for .50 cal, to get the the 195 powerbelt .45s he had - evidently they're .454 or larger, as they were snug but not tight, unlubed. Pretty lucky to shoot a rifle that you show up to the range with, without proper powder or bullets.

Weatherby .280 performed reasonably well w/ cheap Rem Express CL 140s; not "good", but good enough for my present hunting purposes this fall.

T/C .280 was acting weird - not accurate alla sudden - frustrating.

That is all. :)

bigcountryok

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've had the same experience with the power belts and my Knight. I've had great luck in my 50cal with the 300gr Hornady Ballistic Tip Sabots (can't remember the name right now, but not the ones with the stick )

Reaction score
Oh, another thing - I couldn't sight in the other ML - a Knight's DISC rifle, because I think I need a piece of hardware to make it work - the "DISC" itself perhaps - is that an specific part/item? Anyway, there is an open cylindrical-shaped space just behind the breech plug, when I turn the bolt to open it. I need whatever piece drops in there and holds the primer in place to make it go boom. There is a flash hole but no place to hold the primer. Anyone know where to get Knight's parts? I need some of these primer-holding doodads, as well as a breech plug removal tool for this rifle which I picked up in trade along the way. Thanks. I've looked online but cannot figure out what model it is. It's .50 cal, but the model is not stamped on it anywhere. Probably from the early-mid 00s, or possibly late 90s... BCOK, I'll pm ya - maybe you can help me on the Knight's, then...

Latest posts

Top Bottom