"Health & Wellness"

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Me and my velomobile (the white one) outside the Stafford, KS community center early on the morning of June 13th (Tuesday), preparing to head out onto the optional century route (100 miles) into Newton, KS. The red and white velomobile belongs to a guy I met the first night in Elkhart. We would ride together all week. Rural Kansas folks had never seen one velomobile, much less two together, so we created quite a stir wherever we went. In the background you can see some friends of mine with their Rans Seavo recumbent tandem and (her) Bacchetta Corsa recumbent bicycle, along with any number of more normal bikes lined up against the walls of the various downtown shops. I had a great time at BAK!
1687300768285.png

Last edited:

Droff

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Thought I'd jump in, pretty much just saw this thread.

I'm just not a fan of cardio although I should be doing it. I'm kinda svelte to begin with (5'11', 170) but would like to lose the belly fat. I just turned 60 so it'll only get worse. I lift twice per week, in the garage, so sometimes the workout takes a little longer depending on the heat. I work pretty quick, maybe 90 sec between sets (I have a clock).

I currently do one exercise for each bodypart, 2-3 sets of 10-12 for now. I'm staying away from dips (shoulder) and squats (back) and going with DB incline press and Shrug Bar DLs. The deadlifts are the only compund lift I do right now. I injured my tricep a while back and have a nagging shoulder issue (small tear) but right now, no issues.

For guys with grumpy shoulders, if you haven't tried it, try a neutral grip for your pressing. It's helped me immensely on my shoulder.

It helps to set a goal, even if you don't tell anyone. I did it once and had good results but haven't done it since and have continued to wander around on my lifting.

mouthpiece

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been super busy. Sorry for not checking in.
not sure where I left off.
Last 3 weeks have been 110, 176, 144
just went over 3300 miles for the year.
did 70 on my single speed on the 44 on the 4th ride
keep it u everyone.
it get really hot this time of the year and gets hard to stay motivated.
YOU GOT THIS!

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Been doing some just not checking in here like I should. Just got back from the weeekly gravel ride, 20.3 miles and did 26 last week. A few laps at Draper and a couple trainer rides, still not near as many miles as you get.

trekrok

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I did a fairly serious keto pull for 3-ish weeks. Dropped about 14 lbs, but I just couldn't ride worth crap on it.

Started rolling some carbs back in and got back on bike Sat and Sun and did 20 and 30 miles. Going to take a minute to get back, but will get there.

Still need a few pounds off but I'm going to do it with miles. I missed the bike time.

mightymouse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I did a fairly serious keto pull for 3-ish weeks. Dropped about 14 lbs, but I just couldn't ride worth crap on it.

Started rolling some carbs back in and got back on bike Sat and Sun and did 20 and 30 miles. Going to take a minute to get back, but will get there.

Still need a few pounds off but I'm going to do it with miles. I missed the bike time.
Congrats on the weight loss. Keep up the good work!

Latest posts

Top Bottom