Hearing Aids, Who has them, and What do you recommend?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Popjim

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have worn hearing aids for over 20 years.
Had Phonak aids and they were ok.
Two years ago got ReSound aids and really like them and now I can't do without them.
Have may features, what I like most is a small device that sits near the TV, I can control the TV volume coming into the aids and it does not change volume for anyone else sitting in the room.
My wife really appreciates this feature.

DRC458

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Two years ago got ReSound aids and really like them and now I can't do without them.
Have may features, what I like most is a small device that sits near the TV, I can control the TV volume coming into the aids and it does not change volume for anyone else sitting in the room.
My wife really appreciates this feature.

That sounds nice, too. And, my wife would love that as well!

ronny

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Whatever you do, buy them locally to you. Since you live in the City, that shouldn't be a problem for you. Just remember that you will probably have to make a number of trips back to the audiologist for adjustments. Really sucks if you have to drive 100 miles to do that.

I have a friend who bought his at Costco. Price was right, but he is not happy with them.

If you have friends who wear them, you should poll them for suggestions. Most of the good hearing aids are pretty much alike; audiologists are not.

druryj

In Remembrance / Dec 27 2021
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
My hearing sucks, but its mostly pitched sounds like my wife's voice when she's laying in to me...so no hearing aids for me.

Blitzfike

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have phonaks, got them thru the VA. They are the first pair I have ever had, have a bluetooth dongle that hangs around my neck from its antenna. I can hear phone calls pretty well through the hearing aids via bluetooth, but working outside sweating, the dongle goes bananas thinking I've plugged something into the input jack for my mp3 player. I think these are made in Switzerland.

DavidMcmillan

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I really appreciate all the input. I have also been talking with other folks, and getting their thoughts.

I really wanted to go see Wava and see if those eyebrows are real......

Latest posts

Top Bottom