Hell has frozen over

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tom's Thumb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Sorry, I can't get all misty over your "conversion." The problem with the current Republican party is that we've got so many liberals that nobody can find our conservative base.

What we really need is for the lords at the RNC to try to freaking remember what it was they once stood for and stop jacking us all around.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
JB my mother has a couple of liberal sisters. It drives her nuts that to them anyone with the "D" beside their name can do no wrong. She's said that the democratic party is no longer the democratic party of their youth. She's correct in that too. What party would JFK line up with today? He was strong on defense, put men on the moon and then there was that "what can you do for your country" thing. Kinda polar opposite of what they stand for today. Welcome aboard and you can fill out the form and mail it anytime. No need to wait on Jan-1.

Cohiba

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
JB, I'm truly sorry. It is a sad day when any political party beomes so detached from the Constitution and the party's constituents they have to leave it.

Nothing wrong with being a liberal consevative. The GOP has a place for everyone, welcome. I am a strong conservative, but have been known to vote across the ticket. Not one to vote blindly or automatic straight ticket.

Cohiba

Tom's Thumb

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
We need more libertarian minded people like you to move the R party forward on social issues. I'm really a libertarian registered repub.

And what you end up with is a mongrelization of what used to be conservativism. You people just don't get it. It's the liberalization of the Republican party that has caused its traditional voter base to boycott elections. What you're creating is not a new Republican party. You're simply recreating the demoRATic party of old. Conservatives welcome neither.

JB Books

Shooter Emeritus
Special Hen
Reaction score
And myopic views like yours are what has driven many people from the party. As a young man, I was a Republican. It was the evolution of "all or nothing" attitudes like yours that caused me to leave in the first place. You fail to grasp that there are millions of Americans who disagree with you. They are no more or no less American than you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom