Help A Newbie! Lookinf for a cheap .22lr

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Duvivr6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Alright so after I searched many post and other forums and rimfire.net

I want to find a marlin 60 is there any specific place i should visit? or should i grab one from wal-mart or academy?

You guys think i could find a used .22 somewere? before i head to buy a new one?

eby42

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Academy, H&H, or Outdoor America are probably good choices. Academy can be a bit less "intimidating" than some of the big dedicated gun stores, but selection is limited. Since you're just looking for a fairly common .22lr, this might not be an issue.

Hard to go wrong with the venerable Ruger 10/22, as well, and they are really easy to track down.

Duvivr6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yeah I am new to guns and my first rifle was a mosin-nagant i bought 2 weeks ago but I want to get something the wife can shoot so she can stop complaining about guns being scary and evil!

farmer17

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I recommend the 10/22 also. The new ones have plastic trigger assemblies, barrel bands, and other parts while the old ones had metal parts and walnut stocks. If you could find a nice old one that would really be sweet!

Duvivr6

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I went to Kings pawn today and i think they have what i was looking fro i think i might swing by lunch tomorrow and grab it.
It is a Springfield 87A oldie but should be lots of fun for what they are selling it for!

They also had that same Marlin that Relentless posted for $160 I though it was rather small not my style I know its a .22 but still :P

Latest posts

Top Bottom