Help ID and value this 1911

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
I'd get on a 1911 forum and find a Kimber section and ask about it. The sights and slide serrations are very much Kimber like. Although I'm sure it's entirely possible to order a slide with those style cuts, and add Kimber sights.

www.rogersprecision.com_sitebuildercontent_sitebuilderpictures_kimber_rear.jpg

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I've never seen a complete CM pistol in captivity

I'd be in for $750-900 if I was shopping that kinda thing.
Custom guns are usually very good--- or giant headaches you won't know till its broken it.

NINEROUND

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Looks very much like the Kimber I have with a few small differences. I'd hazard that it is probably a precusor to the modern Kimber line and given the shape its in, the seller could reasonable expect to get about $750 to $800 for it.

OKCShooter

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I'll chime in...

To a buyer it's just a Mix-n-Match 1911...CM frame with a good barrel. I don't think it'll ever bring $900.

I'd guess it at $700ish, and that's just because it's interesting.

Dr. Barry Greyson

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The Chip McCormick frames and slide were very good and I believe they were manufactured by Jericho which originally made frames for Nowlin, Wilson, and other custom pistol smiths. The custom smiths had Jericho "tweak" the government model specs on the frame for better function depending on which custom 'smith was ordering from them. They were bought out by Kimber and that's how Kimber made there big "splash" into 1911's that ran better than the SA and Colt (when Colt was owned by foreign company's that didn't give a crap!). They basically bought the manufacturing rights and specs without having to do any development....worked out well for them until they started trying to "improve" the pistol with external extractors,Schwarz safeties and MIM internal parts. The pistol you are looking at would be a good foundation for a custom if you can get it for the right price, basically for the frame,slide and barrel. I have 5 McCormick frames two with consecutive serial numbers that I have been saving for a rainy day -lol :):):).

Barry

okiebryan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks to everyone for the help and education. I wish I could afford to buy this myself, but I have other things I want more at the moment.... like electricity.

I have it on Armslist, we will see what happens.

Latest posts

Top Bottom