Help identify snakes!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If snakes are stealing eggs, you can go to most farm supply store and buy white chalk eggs.. you put them in the hen's nest with her other eggs...the snake swallows one then crawls off to die because it can't pass it.

If I remember right, the general rule with snakes is ...
Round pupils = Non-poisonous
Slitted pupils = poisonous

Of couse I'm not gonna get close enough to look one in the eye. Guns, hoes and clubs were made for a reason... snakes being one of those reasons.

3inSlugger

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope no one takes CardsFan's post seriously. We don't need a campaign against garter, corn, or scarlet snakes. Garters in particular. I use to have them as pets...fun little fellows.

inactive

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I hope no one takes CardsFan's post seriously. We don't need a campaign against garter, corn, or scarlet snakes. Garters in particular. I use to have them as pets...fun little fellows.

I hope no one does either :)

I'm not a huge fan of snakes, but not phobic of them either. If I see a rough green snake or something where I am working, I just pick him up and move him out of the way. If he's bigger (like a rate snake or whatever), I just come back later.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All snakes are Cobras. Shoot first with 12 gauge. Bash heads in with bat. Chop into little pieces with machete or hoe. Run over them numerous time with a heavy truck. Run over them again with a lawn mower. Pour charcoal fluid on the remains and burn till they are ashes. Blow ashes away with a leaf blower.

Did I miss anything?

Latest posts

Top Bottom