Help me pick my next project...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm looking at either building or pimping out a new project. I have several fine rifles from Ruger to Marl to Thompson Center, so this will not be my primary rifle, but I have a hankering for a long-term project.

I have limited myself to the following...
1) PSL kit
2) CETME
3) FAL
4) HK G93 clone (originally stated G3 - my mistake)
5) Howa barreled action (kinda the odd man out on this list)

I want to either build or completely take apart and "balance and blueprint" the unit, so condition is not really an issue, as long as properly functioning and reasonable accurate (something around 1 MOA) but doesn't need to be "sniper quality for my purposes. I most likely will NOT be using this for hunting or for tournaments but something that is simply "fun" to shoot.

I'm looking for pros and cons and possibly even more ideas if there is just something I shouldn't pass up.

Let me have your ideas... :thanku:

FAL guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
1) PSL kit
2) CETME
3) FAL
4) HK G93 clone (originally stated G3 - my mistake)
5) Howa barreled action (kinda the odd man out on this list)

as long as properly functioning and reasonable accurate (something around 1 MOA) but doesn't need to be "sniper quality for my purposes.

1 MOA is going to be a big stretch for either the CETME, FAL or HK....These are Main Battle Rifles. You mileage may vary.

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
With good ammo and a good build a STG 58 kit should get within 1". Getting kinda hard to find and pricey, although there was a nice kit on FAL Files yesterday.

SoonerTactical

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Guys, thanks for the info so far, but I want to add a wrinkle.

If I were planning on getting a MN (sometime in the future) for a deer rifle for my son, would that change the answers? You know, having the same caliber for both.

Also, would the answers change if my purposes were hunting accuracy out to say 200 yds?

Just curious...

Latest posts

Top Bottom