Help me pick out a new sig carry gun

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
If you were going to buy a new sig as a cc which one would you buy? They have several new models out that look tempting. Wandering if any of you guys have snatched one up yet and what you though about it.

BW

cbickle

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
If you were going to buy a new sig as a cc which one would you buy? They have several new models out that look tempting. Wandering if any of you guys have snatched one up yet and what you though about it.

BW

It's not a NEW pistol. But I sure like my subcompact P250. It's my current carry pistol and I'm thinking about getting the parts kit for the full size .45. Check out their interchangable trigger group on their website if you havent already. I think I would get the most out of the P238 though. I'd trade for one of them in a heartbeat.

dvPete

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love Sigs. Not the latest Sig, but I recently had some experience with the P290. Here are my thoughts:

It is snappy to shoot. Not unmanageable at all, just snappy. The rough grips help with manageability, but I suspect would irritate the hands with more than 75 rounds or so.

The DA trigger pull is HEAVY and long. Almost revolver-like. Not my taste, but some really like it.

Sights are great! Laser is great, though I question the ability to effectively use it in a stressful situation. On/off is a little tricky sometimes.

Size is perfect. Undetectable IWB even with the extended mag (8rd). If you want to put it in a pocket, you'd have to use the flush mag (6rd). Same with an ankle holster.

I can hit with it. I didn't test it out to 25 yds or anything, but once I got used to it, I shot pretty good groups under 20 yds.

A few months ago I bought several of these to resell, and kept the last one. I was on the fence about selling it, but have decided there are other options out there that fit my hands better, so I've decided to sell it after all. I WOULD recommend it, but I would suggest getting a hold of one first just to get a feel for it.

I'm also intrigued by the 938, but it will be a bit before these are readily available...

dubs chops

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The 229 really isnt any smaller than my g19. I am looking for something similar in size to a g26 or even a kimber solo. I like the sig's just don't know a lot about them.

Latest posts

Top Bottom