Help with getting carry on college campus approved

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Why should the whims of 1 man make us change our life? We have 1 person being unreasonable about this, and are just looking to see if there is any way to get around him.

I can sympathize with your situation, but it isn't just "1 man". If the State Legislature felt enough pressure, they could/would fix it. I think you'll make more money working on the law itself vs. trying to pursuade an ensconced academic...(of course and ensconced politician can be just as tough, lol)

We also have the right to choose where we work. I choose to work on a federal installation and therefore I bear some responsibility for having to go about most of my days without the protection of a firearm....but I do not go unarmed.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There is a couple of things you can do:

1. Buy hardtop for Jeep and leave doors on.

2. Sell jeep and buy car.

In all sincerity, those are your options currently.

Why should the whims of 1 man make us change our life? We have 1 person being unreasonable about this, and are just looking to see if there is any way to get around him. Also, IMO there is no such thing as a secure vehicle. The SDA specifically allows the college president to allow carry on a per person basis, however when you have 1 person in your way, kinda makes it hell trying to be legal. If you want to foot the bill for a secure motorcycle, be my guest.

Why should the whims of one woman change the policy of an entire college? Put the shoe on the other foot. You see him as being unreasonable, I'm sure he would see your post as unreasonable. In order to get a Class III firearm in Tulsa county you need the Sheriff to sign off on it, of course there is a way around this ala trust. The Sheriff won't sign off on it. Another instance where the whims of one person is making people change their lives, or rather not allowing them to change their lives. If carrying 24/7, 365 is THAT important to you, foot the bill for a secure motorcycle or get a different vehicle. Again, how they see it.

HiTekRedneck

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You know I'm somewhat shocked at some of the replies I'm getting, seeing as how I thought this was a pro 2A forum. The Oklahoma SDA specifically allows a workaround for this sort of situation, unfortunately the person to allow it is coming across as being on a power trip. Is this what we have resorted to, being sheeple and just going with what "the man" says and not fighting for our rights? Must be a bunch of Big O supporters.

Fatboy Joe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Since you don't like the responses everyone is giving you, the answer is pretty simple. Work to get the law changed. Right now the university president is within the law which gives them the ability to allow/disallow a person from carrying a firearm on their campus. Whether you feel like this a "power trip" by the president or not, it doesn't matter, he/she has that power.

I think your road to get the law changed will be a very long one and may never happen, good luck. Until then, you have to adjust to make the law work for you and your situation. Just as we all have bought clothing and holsters with concealing our firearms as a focus for many years, that is finally changing.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You know I'm somewhat shocked at some of the replies I'm getting, seeing as how I thought this was a pro 2A forum. The Oklahoma SDA specifically allows a workaround for this sort of situation, unfortunately the person to allow it is coming across as being on a power trip. Is this what we have resorted to, being sheeple and just going with what "the man" says and not fighting for our rights? Must be a bunch of Big O supporters.

Be less shocked. Like I said, it sucks but you aren't going to change his/her mind. The law allows for what he is doing.

Want to fight for your rights? Then work to change the law. How does saying that make me a sheeple or a Big O supporter?

henschman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

As with every other choice in life, this boils down to a question of values. The government has created a situation in which you have to choose which you value more... the protection of your life, or your obedience to their laws. It seems that most people choose obedience. Sheeple indeed. Let me ask you this: how many times has your wife been stopped and searched while at work? I would say it is exceedingly unlikely. Does she have to go through a metal detector to get into her place of work? I would guess not. If I am right about these things, it means that if she were to carry a concealed weapon to work, the only time anyone else would know about it would be if it is actually be needed for the defense of her life. In this situation, she should be happy to accept whatever reprimand she gets from her employer and the possible misdemeanor charge from the state, as long as she is still alive. Even if it means losing her job, at least she is still breathing, and she would be a nation-wide celebrity to self-defense and pro-liberty advocates everywhere.

Of course you should work to change the government, as many of us are doing, but many times life can be greatly simplified by simply IGNORING the government with it's silly laws and going about your business.

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
As with every other choice in life, this boils down to a question of values. The government has created a situation in which you have to choose which you value more... the protection of your life, or your obedience to their laws. It seems that most people choose obedience. Sheeple indeed. Let me ask you this: how many times has your wife been stopped and searched while at work? I would say it is exceedingly unlikely. Does she have to go through a metal detector to get into her place of work? I would guess not. If I am right about these things, it means that if she were to carry a concealed weapon to work, the only time anyone else would know about it would be if it is actually be needed for the defense of her life. In this situation, she should be happy to accept whatever reprimand she gets from her employer and the possible misdemeanor charge from the state, as long as she is still alive. Even if it means losing her job, at least she is still breathing, and she would be a nation-wide celebrity to self-defense and pro-liberty advocates everywhere.

Of course you should work to change the government, as many of us are doing, but many times life can be greatly simplified by simply IGNORING the government with it's silly laws and going about your business.

People are generally very hesitant to give this type of advice, because you are basically advocating breaking the law. But like he said, what they don't know won't hurt them. If you go down this road, make sure that sucker is CONCEALED and there is no chance at printing hard when bending over to pickup a dropped paper, or reaching up to grab that pesky overhead pull down string. Pretty sure you'd be aweful sorry for your decision if she got fired over it. Flashbang should conceal it well enough depending on dress and carry gun of choice for the school teacher, though I suppose you'd need multiples. Wouldn't know for sure, no bewbs here.

Latest posts

Top Bottom