Help With Lyman Universal case trimmer

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ahlosojoe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I can use some help on a Lyman Universal case trimmer. Can someone tell me the deal with the set screw on the cutter assembly? I have a really hard time getting the pilots in or out of the cutter. I removed the set screw on the cutter but either the hole does not go all the way through or else there are two set screws in the shaft. I am going to plead ignorance so tell me what is the cause of my problem. Thanks. Joe

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't know if you've seen this one or not, but Gavin generally does a great job with his reviews of this stuff. Is this the one you're talking about?

NEW! Lyman Case Trim Express: Unboxing, Overview, Brass Trimming

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Here is the manual are you saying you are having an issue installing and removing a pilot? Should be one setscrew on the cutter head you back it out and the pilot should come out. They are a machined fit but shouldn't be terrible unless its rusted a little maybe?

This guy shows head without pilot at about a minute in with setscrew fully removed. If your pulling setscrew and pilot wont come out try a little break freak of some type in the setscrew hole.

Glock 40

Problem Solver
Special Hen
Reaction score
Thanks Blake. I was not expecting the pilot to require the effort required to pull it out. Should have tried a little harder. Glad I could call upon you.

tRidiot...thanks for your effort! Seriously I appreciate you guys on this forum. Joe

Glad to help, ain't no shame in asking. I been know to ask more than a few questions when I didn't want to damage something and pay some stupid tax with the old wallet.

Latest posts

Top Bottom