Help with my AR-15

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

redneck1861

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey everyone, I just purchased my first AR, and I am looking to accessorize it, I dont have any plans to use it for anything other than just having fun shooting it, I want it to look as cool as possible with out costing a fortune. It is a DPMS flat top with 16" barrel, I already have installed a detachable carry handle and front sight, and a quad rail system, I would like a verticle foregrip and flashlight, and anything else to make it look better, does anyone have any suggestions?
any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks a bunch

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
................................ Maybe instead of trying to make the gun look cool spend the money on ammunition and training to learn how to shoot it. :anyone:

But if you want it to look cool at some magpul goodies and a aimpoint or eotech style optic. maybe a tactical light and some other stuff.

In all honesty the basic ar needs iron sights/ optic, good sling, flashlight and mags and ammo........

Either way have fun with it and enjoy it.

neginfluence04

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Magpul stock, pistol grip, mags, and Angled Fore Grip (all magpul if you can afford it) then buy a nice surelight with side mount and TONS of AMMO. As long as you have back up iron sights your good to go.

Rob72

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Maybe I'm misunderstanding, but that sounds a lot like, "I want to make my '68 Corvette look really awesome and oh yeah I have a Briggs and Stratton 2 stroke under the hood right now...":scratch:

Some things work, some things don't. Magpul makes good stuff, but if you don't understand what makes it useful, you'll have more fun with a Daisy slingshot. Having a cool looking rifle you can't hit with isn't fun.

Iron sights & ammo. See if Will Andrews at H&H ((405) 947-3888)has put together another carbine class, or see when the next Appleseed is near to you.

Latest posts

Top Bottom