Help With Wheel Gun Values

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DFralish

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hey Guys and Gals,

I need some help with determining the values of the two revolvers in the attached pics. My buddy is considering buying these from a significantly older gentleman friend of his. He wants to get them for a fair price, but doesn't want to take advantage of his friend. I told him I may know some folks who could help determine their value. I know many of you can help or at least point me in the right direction. Any help any of you can provide will be greatly appreciated.

Colt.jpgIMG_1465.jpgIMG_1466.jpg

grwd

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
if your friend doesnt want to take advantage of the older guy, he should help him put it on gunbroker with an exorbitant reserve, like 3000, and see how far up it goes. Then discuss pricing for his friend.

ONLY on gunbroker, can you get a true market value on a gun.

Ive seen a lot of "good friends" get dicked over, over guns.

ps old ones a 1st gen saa, the newer, a 2nd. they could both be over 2000 if not more.

swampratt

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
that one with the paper work looks like the one at gene sears for a ton of money that was refurbished. But was actually documented to be used in the war. My memory may be off but I think he said the refurbish cost was $14,000

carleb

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Yep, IMO both of these revolvers could have substantial value and deserve a knowledgeable hands on look for an honest appraisal. Otherwise, everything is just a shot in the dark and someone risks getting taken advantage of.

Okie4570

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
I know of a Colt very similar to the older one in the pics, it sit in a display case at a gun store so long that that value increased while it sit. It was appraised and listed for sale for $5100. Sit there for about 6 years, and the owner had just happened to be at the big Tulsa Gun show, seen a similar one, and it was listed for $11,000. If I'd a been on my toes, I should have snatched it up, and took it to Tulsa and made an easey $4 or $5k!!!! :)

Super Dave

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, they are both smokeless frames, and I think Okie4570 was right on the older Colt. I may be wrong, but I think the pretty one is a re-issue, or whatever you call it.

Either way, way cool!

Latest posts

Top Bottom