Hi-Point for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NikatKimber

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator
Reaction score
Personal opinion---Enough of them would make an awesome boat anchor.

By "enough", do you mean 1/2 or 2/3? :flamed:

If at all possible, like has been said, save up and buy a better weapon. S&W Sigmas go for ~$300 depending on condition, and there are quite a few other decent guns you can get for about that. Also, some people like shoulder holsters (I'll get one eventually) but they are not the best all around holster, for range or concealment.

XD-9Guy

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Everybody bashes them and I hate them too; because they're ugly and uncomfortable to hold. But I also now know at least 5 guys that have one in 9mm now, I have also shot a couple and for all their lack of comfort and eye appeal... they are reliable shooters.

But that doesn't mean I'd carry one.

Although, if you get into a shootout and you both run out of ammo - you'd be better off throwing a High Point. And you could do some serious damage pistol- whipping someone with one of those clunkers.

criticalbass

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I havent owed one of thier pistols but I have held them several times and know a few people that have them. Ive seen many mixed reviews on this gun and have seen some people think it is the best buy ever and then the next person would only use it as a paper weight. In my opinion it is a bit on the heavy side to carry. If its all you can afford and you need to have a gun NOW I would get it , otherwise I would hold off and get something a little better.
BTW, that price seems just a tad bit high , not by much though , and alot depends onn how nice that shoulder rig is.

Hope this helps.
Smoke

Here's the key. Hi-Point fills an otherwise pretty empty niche for those who simply can't afford better and really need a gun.

The guy who owns Brigadoon said he quit selling them because he spent too much time dealing with criminal investigations concerning Hi-Points he had sold.

There are some milsurp and other imported weapons that are better for about the same money, but when they break, you are strictly on your own. CB

Mongoose1

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
My first gun was a Hi-Point 9mm. Simply because it was what I could afford at the time. A cheap reliable gun is better than no gun. My sister also has one that she carries daily. I've never had any trouble with mine and neither has she. She's put about 10K rounds through it with only one FTE.

Latest posts

Top Bottom