Hi-Point for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickface

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Don't be fooled by snobs and haters. I've shot more kinds of firearms than most people ever will thanks to my father being a gun dealer, collector, and part time smith. I've learned to judge a firearm based on what it is, what I need, and what it can do.
The hi-point being what it is, is a inexpensive firearm well suited for plinking, and use as a trunk kind of gun. But because of its size and weight it particularly illsuited for your intended purpose of concealed carrie.

hk7686

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
I have had many Hi-Points, one lesson is don't ever pay more than $150 for a hi-point handgun and never more than $200 for a carbine, those are retail prices, and 99 out of 100 gun stores can order them if they don't carry them.

I've only ever had 1 bad hi-point and it was one of the .40's and their not even made by the same company as the rest. Iberia makes their .40s.

I've owned 3 of the .380's 2 of the .45's and 1 of the .40's. I haven't gotten a carbine yet but have shot many of em, and even watched people bumpfire em with no issues.

They are ugly as hell and very very bulky, but I would not worry about it not going bang everytime.

orion

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
i have several hipoints love em for the price i have not had any problems with them at all i have 1 c9 a c9 comp and a .45

if you want to shoot 1 lmk i will meet u at the range and you can shoot mine providing u supply ur own ammo

the 45 is a lil heavy and a lil bulky but if you are a smaller person it wont be good for cc i am a bigger person so it is ok for cc i personally like my xd45 for cc but on occasion i will carry the hi point

there are a lot of hi point bashers out there i am not 1 because i have had my xd .45, g18, g26, beretta px4 all do the same with the ammo that jams my hipoints they jam

so in essence if you shoot good ammo they wont jam stay away from wolf

the wifey loves her c9 and it goes everywhere she can legaly take it sh has well over 500 through it and only 2 jams and of course we were shooting the cheap crap my xd 45 has jammed the most

as far as hp they do carry a lifetime warranty they will even send a extra clip everytime you get it back woo hoo lol

offers in the air if you wanna shoot it just to try i usually go down to bluegill point on the weekends and plink just lmk

Spooln-Rex

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
theres quite a few guys i work with that own highpoint and yes most of them say they will eat pretty much any ammo they feed it and are good shooters. idk i just cant bring myself to ever think about purchasing one for whatever reason. Im a pretty open minded person and will try out different stuff. Hell i bought a Springfield Armory XD 40 without havingh ever shot one and liked it alot but i prefer glocks. And i still dont get why people say they have such a goofy grip angle. They are comfortable to me and i shoot them better than most other hnad guns. Really it all boils down to what you can afford while keeping in mind what the intended purpose is of the particular firearm you chose. for me ccw be a 1911 kimber would be my choice. polymer pistol glock, sig, or HK. But that doesnt mean there arent other manufacures of quality firearms out there just what i like and will save and spend my own money on. Either way good choice in saving your money. my rant is over damn captian....:drink:

specialop24

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I don't have a hi-point and have never shot one. But.... I looked at a few of them at our last gun show. I was very intrigued by the weapon and the price. I have done a lot of research, as my wife is big on that, and have found good and bad. I get the magazine "American Rifleman" and their review we very good. It all comes down to the fact that it goes bang every time. No it's not the prettiest thing or light weight. I personally don't think it would be the greatest concealed weapon but it will do the job for personal protection. That warranty can't be beat and made in america is the way to go for me. Once again isn't the point of a weapon to protect and defend. If it goes bang doesn't that mean it did the job?

orion

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
oh yea and 1 more valid point

alotta people say they dont like it because it is a blow back

i hate to say it but arent they all hahhahaahahha

Latest posts

Top Bottom