Hi-Point for CCW?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

farrelltravis

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I own a Hi-Point 9mm. I have never had any problems with it. Got it brand new in 2008 with a case and everything for $140. I have shot probably around 800 rounds through it, again, with no problems. It is heavy, ugly, and large. However, I do keep it around. I don't carry it, but it is a second weapon in either the truck or camper (when we are camping).

$$$$$

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I would never carry one. I had one a couple of years back, sold it to a buddy. It was too heavy, not as junky as a lot of people will tell you, but not reliable enough to carry. If you want a cheap carry weapon, buy a KelTec.

nofearfactor

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
The guy who owns Brigadoon said he quit selling them because he spent too much time dealing with criminal investigations concerning Hi-Points he had sold.

Great. That means there might be a lot of BGs out there with cheap unreliable guns that probably never get much range time in.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
Hi-point Is The Preferred Cohice Of Firearm, Or Gat, For Turds "a.k.a. Bad Guys" Or Lorcin. Dont Buy One, Save And Get A Quality Firearm That You Can Trust With Your Life.

I am a caucasian redneck who happens to own 5 Hi Point pistols and carbines amongst about 25 other weapons of other kinds, from a P08 Luger to a Cobra 9mm double barreled derringer.

Hi Points are stereotyped by the uninformed as a thug or gangsta weapon, but many are owned by people just like you and me. The vast majority of owners are happy with them, although they are not the prettiest or lightest weapons out there.

They do the job, they are American made and have the best warranty out there. My Taurus OSS .40 DS has a lifetime warranty, but it is a lot more of a hassle to send it in for work than it is to send in a Hi Point for any reason.

A Hi Point is just like any other weapon, shoot it, get used to it and then decide if it is your cup of tea.

But don't let people that usually don't have the faintest idea of what they are talking about cloud your judgment.

Most people that have trouble with them never try to work through the trouble, or work with the company to resolve the matter, they just label the weapon a POS and pawn it off on someone else.

come to www.hipointtalk.com and see how many satisfied customers you will find, we are a small forum but are friendly to everyone, no matter their personal choice in firearms. And we are honest about the brand. Are there other brands out there that are better weapons, although usually at a higher cost? Yes, but are Hi Point weapons a good buy for the buck? Again, yes.

And as far as being heavy, they make a heck of a club if it comes down to hand to hand combat ;)

300WSM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I dont know why people bash hi points. If a bad guy comes at you with a hi point are you going to think, eh, all he can afford is a hi point and it probably wont go off. I've shot one a few times, and it seems more comfortable to me than a glock. ha.

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
All of my Hi Points have fully adjustable sights, my brand newTaurus only adjusts for deflection, not elevation. Go figure.

I used to think Hi Points were gangsta guns myself until I got to shoot one, and I decided they were a good weapon for the price.

I am no longer a gun snob, I am a gun owner.

Bootleggn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am a caucasian redneck who happens to own 5 Hi Point pistols and carbines amongst about 25 other weapons of other kinds, from a P08 Luger to a Cobra 9mm double barreled derringer.

Hi Points are stereotyped by the uninformed as a thug or gangsta weapon, but many are owned by people just like you and me. The vast majority of owners are happy with them, although they are not the prettiest or lightest weapons out there.

They do the job, they are American made and have the best warranty out there. My Taurus OSS .40 DS has a lifetime warranty, but it is a lot more of a hassle to send it in for work than it is to send in a Hi Point for any reason.

A Hi Point is just like any other weapon, shoot it, get used to it and then decide if it is your cup of tea.

But don't let people that usually don't have the faintest idea of what they are talking about cloud your judgment.

Most people that have trouble with them never try to work through the trouble, or work with the company to resolve the matter, they just label the weapon a POS and pawn it off on someone else.

come to www.hipointtalk.com and see how many satisfied customers you will find, we are a small forum but are friendly to everyone, no matter their personal choice in firearms. And we are honest about the brand. Are there other brands out there that are better weapons, although usually at a higher cost? Yes, but are Hi Point weapons a good buy for the buck? Again, yes.

And as far as being heavy, they make a heck of a club if it comes down to hand to hand combat ;)

someone s post offend you or something?

waltham41

Sharpshooter
Reaction score
someone s post offend you or something?

Not really, just get tired of hearing that I must be a gangsta and shoot my pistol sideways out of a Cadillac because I own a Hi Point. You would think gun owners were a little more mature than to have attitudes like that. ;)

Personally being a P08 Luger owner, I have no use for the Colt 1911, which BTW I carried for many years as an armor crewman in the military.

But I will not belittle those that love them and think they are the best pistol ever made because it is THEIR weapon and they love it.

Latest posts

Top Bottom