high speed gear taco mag holders

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TacticalJ

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Anybody using these on a tac vest or something? I'm looking at getting some for my vest or possibly some fastmag setups. Looking for feedback on either if you have experience with either of these please post pros and cons from you experience! Right not I'm seriously considering the high speed gear taco rifle/pistol mag double stack pouches, but I'm open to other offers. Either would beat the stupid velcro tab setups that I'm running now! Used for duty on my raid vest, so it has to be quality if something different comes to mind from anybody!
Thanks, Jason
hsgi taco
http://www.highspeedgearinc.com/proddetail.php?prod=HSG-DDT
fastmag
http://www.itwmilitaryproducts.com/content/fastmag%E2%84%A2-pistol

dak

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I use HSGI Tacos on my chest rig setup and will be putting them on my belt setup that I'm slowly buying stuff for. They're great although they're kind of a pain to attach with the TT Malice clips but once you get them on there they aren't going anywhere and they're snug. As for mag fitment, you can adjust the tightness with the shock-cord and I didn't have any trouble with mags falling out during a rifle class that I was crawling on the ground a bit at. You can add a piece of shock-cord on the top for more retention or they also have loop velcro running on the inside so you can add a piece of hook velcro to your mags.

I use the X2R Tacos on my chest rig but I'm going to be doing 2 of the Double-decker tacos on my war belt and another regular rifle Taco for a weak-side mag reload.

The only real cons that I can think of: fast magazine reinsertions with mags with locking lugs(like AK mags) but AR mags are no problem and possibly retention. There's also something to be said for something that fully encompasses the magazine to protect from dirt, weather, etc. For speed and versatility they're really great. You can go from putting an FAL mag to an AR15 mag with little adjustment while using the same pouch.

Wormydog1724

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have the rifle and pistol TACO's on my HSGI SureGrip belt. They're great IMO. I double stacked mine so the actual double decker TACO would be a great choice. I stacked mine to save belt space. Also a pistol TACO can hold more than just mags, like multitools, mentos, flashlights, sporks, ect. Realyy great pieces of kit.

Norman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Tacos are the heat. Aside from being great AR pouches, they'll hold a number of other mags, plus bangs, smoke, 37 and 40 mm munitions, etc.

Latest posts

Top Bottom