Highway Yield Signs

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Danny Tanner

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What about this one...There are many places around that when you make a right turn at an intersection there is a lane just for you, you don't have to stop or merge or yield, just keep going because you have your very own little lane. What about the douchebags that stop, or even slow down like they have to merge, at these?!? I honk and yell but my wife tells me to calm down. How else do they learn unless you tell 'em?

Oh, and then there's the idiots coming down the road who cross over the solid white line into "your very own little turn lane". SOLID WHITE MEANS NAY-NAY!

1. This is the exact situation when getting onto Tinker from I-40 E using the Hruskocy gate. There are 2 lanes leading up to the actual gate, the left lane comes from 29th st (opposite side of the interstate) and the right lane comes from the interstate's exit ramp. There is a stop sign there now (that everybody but me ignores, as well as the 25-35-25 MPH speed limit zones at this gate) but we have our own lane, yet people will still stop and wait for cars in the left lane to go by before they proceed to drive in the right lane.

2. The I-44 E onramp from Northwest Expressway by Penn Square Mall is a perfect example of this. This onramp has bold white lines filled with hash marks for a good 150 yards or so. I remember when learning how to drive my parents taught me to treat those white lines as if they're 6' tall concrete walls (except in the case of an emergency). Most people seem to treat this onramp the same way I do, but there's always at least 1 better-than-you idiot who drives right over them 100 yards prematurely as if he's too good to follow the lane until it's truly merge time.

WNM

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I never stop at a yield sign unless someone in front of me is stopped (and I have no choice). Otherwise, I speed up and force my way on.

I friggin hate it when people do this.

They blow through the yield sign like it's not there and then give you the evil eye when you can't get over and let them on.

Jefpainthorse

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Then you need to drive I-44 W and go north on the Broadway Ext interchange. Then after you witness this happen, turn around as soon as you can and take Broadway/235 south to the I-44 E interchange for round 2.

Danny knows the spot. Who ever engineered that little slice of heaven should have his brain reposessed... and surrender his testicals -never to breed and pass on his defective DNA.

On ramps... pretty simple...you look over your left shoulder--- accelerate... and try to adjust your speed to hit a gap in the oncoming traffic. Of course, drivers in the main road should notice you and allow that gap to be maintained.

Coming to a complete stop and making a hard left turn is insane... I see that about 3 times a week between Frontier City and Lincoln

claricSTi

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
That's one thing I noticed in Texas last weekend. It seemed like the majority of drivers were already up to speed by the time the were entereing the interstate. Down here in Tulsa, not so much. It frustrates the hell out of me when I am leaving work. Almost everyday there is someone completely stopped on the on-ramp. It doesn't help that a good amount of the on ramps are way, way to short. I think the average driver gets too nervous and doesn't feel they have enough time to get to speed. Sometimes you have to know how to use some common sense and hit the damn gas.

Keyser328

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
No one pays them any mind anyway.

Its because they're wrong. Coming to a complete stop "when necessary" is the wrong thing to do when entering a freeway, unless you drive a car that can do zero to 60 in under 4 seconds.

It really is not that hard. Bank the on ramps, post them at 45mph, put a few hundred yard merge lane, and put up merge signs.

Also, getting rid of combined on/off ramps like the 169/51 interchange would do wonders for our area.

Latest posts

Top Bottom