Hit and Run in Tulsa (Help requested)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

EAD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
Hi everyone,
I am hoping to call on the broad area of people that this forum covers to keep an open eye for a vehicle. No one was hurt as all the vehicles were parked and unoccupied.

My car, along with 3 others, were hit today by a Black or dark colored SUV with a champagne bumper and/or lower trim. It is presumably a 2007 to 2012 model according to the officer.

The vehicle will have, possibly significant, damage to the front left corner. The event occurred today (3-22-2011) around 3:30PM in an apartment complex on 71st+Lewis area (nearest major cross-street).

The vehicle left behind an empty front license plate holder with "Ford" stamped on the back, the left part of it's front bumper, and it's left fog light.

If anyone sees a vehicle matching the description, please try to make note of the Plate number.

Thank you,
EAD

Last edited:

EAD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I do, in fact, have the parts. There are 2 parts with numbers. I will provide all the information on them.

Fog Lamp (on lense cover):
02B/PL "E11" (in circle) 0259 SAE F MER

Fog Lamp (on casing):
LH 41079 Ref
41081 Lens
41071 ASM

Also says "Top LH" on the top of the casing

Plate holder:
2L14-17A385-ABW
SAE TEO
Meridian [blank space] A439K

I also want to thank everyone that is helping by keeping an eye open, whether you posted or not. My biggest hope is they catch the driver. I would guess they are most likely uninsured or otherwise driving illegally.

mapcon1941

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Sorry you got hit...any chance on there being security cameras in the area that caught the act? My wife got hit at Walmart parking lot in that area and store security would review tapes if a police report was filed....Good luck.

4play

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
2L14-17A385-ABW

That is a Ford "engineering number" I crossed it over and it fits the Expedition models. The part application years stated 03-04. Knowing that the body style changed in 03 from the previous years and it also changed in 07-present. I would say its possible that the tag bracket could have been installed on 03-06 model years.

I cant do anything with those other numbers. This probably won't help you much but something is better than nothing I guess, look for an 03-06 Expedition.

Like this
[Broken External Image]

EAD

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate the help, 4play. That does look like the vehicle, and the bumper matches the picture.

I wish I had been fast enough and close enough to grab the tag.

I'm not sure there is much I can do now other than just keep an eye open. Work is providing a nice distraction from thinking about it too.

Latest posts

Top Bottom