HK 13E info needed...

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ColtDogg

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I posted this on the HK page, but thought I would post here as well. I know their are a few big players with this here in OKLA. I did not post this in the NFA page just for the fact I am not going Full Auto with this right now.

I had in mind if I sale my MP5, I would make something like it with a flat. something that I would not have a lot of money into. But again it would be something the just set in the safe 99% of the time.

So I got to where if I put something together, I want something that will be what you just do not see every day. Something that I will shoot a lot. I know this will not SAVE me any money at all and my wife is going to kill me for wanting to take this on.

I want a belt fed gun. Now with that said, I know that will not happen any time soon so I been thinking about a HK 13E. I started out thinking if I do this with get a Flat and start getting parts. But more I want to jump off into this I am thinking I am going to find me a good used HK gun and start a conversion.

As I look into it and talk with one smith, they can take my HK93 and do all the work to make it into a 13E. Price is kinda high but the parts and work that goes into it I see why its high.

Still not as much as a 23E as I do want one day. So I am busting my head reading on them, looking at pic. of them and thought I was going to use my 93 for this. As I put more thought to it, I am not sure I want to use a II date code 93 with a 178 barrel. After I got it I try to look more into them and you just do not see very many of them. So I am thinking I need to find a good used 93. I do not care if I get one with no BCG, lower, or stock with it as its all going to get redone.

A few days putting a lot of thinking into all this I get out one of the best books ever... "The Gray Room" by Jim Phillips and start to look up the 13E. I get to page 24 and 25 and I found it.
The HK13E. As I look at it I see it looks like its on a 91 gun. As I look at it It looks to be something that could be made into a 21E or a 23E very easy. As if I use my 93 for this, its only going to be a 13E.

Now here is a MM13E if you look at it still has it own mag well, and look to keep all the 93 parts. Now for the money this may be the best way to go.

Now I know this is not going to happen over night. Looks like it may take a year to 2 years getting money saved up, and start getting parts. But something is telling me to go with the 13E out of the 91. Just the fact I may be able to make a belt gun out of it later on.

I would like to hear from some of you that have deal with this. Any info would be great. Thank you for your time. JB

Latest posts

Top Bottom