The ultimate cool/silly and or odd rifle you always wish you had.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Clackamas Jack

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's your ultimate cool, silly or odd rifle you wish you had or want to get someday.

My cool pick is currently a Ruger M77/44 or M77/357 cause I think they are just super cool and interesting.

My silly pick would would probably be a Buntline in 357 Mag

For my oddball one I think I would go with an AR-10 pattern in 243 WSSM for no reason besides i think it would awesome.

KurtM

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
As a kid growing up in Southern New Mexico many of the ranches had been there for a looong time, one of my friend's dad let us play cowboys and Indians with the old time guns his grand dad had. Rules were couldn't point them at anyone because they were real guns.
I spent hours shooting imaginary bad guys and Indians with an original 73 Winchester, a first Gen Colt and a big Sharp's. I don't remember the calibers, but I'm betting the Colt and 73 were 44-40, and the sharps was Gigantic much bigger than dads 86 in 45-90, or so it seemed. Wish I had them all now!!!

dennishoddy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I grew up shooting an H&R Topper in .410. My dream gun at that time was a Savage O/U .22 hornet and 20 ga combo gun.
Looked at dozens over the years at gun shows, etc. Just can't understand why people don't understand the hinge on an O/U needs lube just as much as the action, but they don't. Never found one that didn't have a loose hinge. Sloppy as all get out.
I'm almost there though with a .22lr/.410 Savage combo gun that locks up tight as a watch movement. It shoots good.

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well. I want to build a long range target rifle on a Weatherby Vanguard action and chambered in 300 Weatherby

I like the cartridge a whole heck of a lot for no real good reason.

with tons of off the shelf offerings in Win Mag it doesn’t make a lot of sense, but my first major caliber hunting rifle was a Weatherby so it’s been on my mind. But geez - a 7 lb Vanguard would beat the heck out of me even as a young guy, but I think a 12 pound bull barrel version with a loud nasty brake, or even better, a suppressor would be a fun rig to take to the Whittington Center while letting me better enjoy the caliber That I wanted to work for me so much but never really did

Dmc707

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I also want an FN FNC like Pacino used in Heat — and/or a Galil too

love that movie — not much desire for colt commando clone but some of the other guns in that movie – even Val Kilmer‘s HK 91 Would be a hoot at least for a couple of ranée sessions for me.
Even one of the many clones of guns like that would be fine.

Latest posts

Top Bottom