The ultimate cool/silly and or odd rifle you always wish you had.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
What's your ultimate cool, silly or odd rifle you wish you had or want to get someday.

My cool pick is currently a Ruger M77/44 or M77/357 cause I think they are just super cool and interesting.

My silly pick would would probably be a Buntline in 357 Mag

For my oddball one I think I would go with an AR-10 pattern in 243 WSSM for no reason besides i think it would awesome.
I already have a few oddballs, m77/44 integrally suppressed, and the m77/22 little brother. How about a camp carbine 45, integrally suppressed? Or a Marlin lever action .410?

I collect S+W 422/622/2206/2213/2214 pistols, they are pretty much oddballs in the family.

Some that appeal to me, Ruger 96/44, and "Tacticool" Lever actions.

Okieoutdoors

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I appreciate your style since I think it's close to mine --- I love picking up ridiculous and collectible stuff. It warms my heart taking people out and letting them play with ridiculous stuff just for the giggles. Like, why do I need a 45/70 revolver?? Because it's ridiculous(ly fun) of course!

Funny how popular certain guns are (Glock/AR) but you take something different to the range and it almost always draws a crowd.
M1A, M1919, No.1, 8" S&W 686, 16" Roughrider, etc.

GnometownHero

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well. I want to build a long range target rifle on a Weatherby Vanguard action and chambered in 300 Weatherby

I like the cartridge a whole heck of a lot for no real good reason.

with tons of off the shelf offerings in Win Mag it doesn’t make a lot of sense, but my first major caliber hunting rifle was a Weatherby so it’s been on my mind. But geez - a 7 lb Vanguard would beat the heck out of me even as a young guy, but I think a 12 pound bull barrel version with a loud nasty brake, or even better, a suppressor would be a fun rig to take to the Whittington Center while letting me better enjoy the caliber That I wanted to work for me so much but never really did
I used to own a heavy barrel Mauser in 3006 with nice target sights. I shot it at Whittington many times. There is a sight in gong at 605yds from my favorite shooting position the far east end of the silhouette range. That gong and rams were bang clang all day long with that rifle. I got really good with that Mauser and my Garand there.
I had a nice 300winmag Browning A bolt and a Ruger#1, but you cant shoot belted mag guns on the silhouette range and the cost per shot and recoil made it not as fun.

aarondhgraham

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Actually, I bought the "silly" rifle of my dreams.

Way back when I bought a Beretta U22 NEOS pistol,,,
I know many don't like the Sci-Fi styling,,,
But I love shooting this handgun.

When I saw that carbine kit for it,,,
I just HAD to buy it.

It's just so dang cute!

1706032412812.png

If I rest on bags and use CCI Standard Velocity,,,
It shoots 2" (sometimes less) at 50 yards.

Put Mini-Mags in it and she patterns like a shotgun.

It's a range toy but is actually very well suited for Rimfire Steel Challenge,,,
I replaced the 4X scope with an inexpensive holographic sight,,,
Then set up a fake steel challenge stage with paper plates,,,
And this lightweight nimble thing shines.

It's also a great rifle for small framed children to shoot

If I were filthy rich I would buy one of those .22 LR Gatling Guns.

I can actually afford to buy the gun,,,
The filthy rich part would be to feed the dang thing.

Aarond

Glocktogo

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The oddest I've owned was an integrally suppressed Ruger M77/44. It was a lot of fun, but I didn't actually have much use and sold it for what I had in it.

The one I want now is a octagonal barreled 20" lever gun in 454 Casull/.45 Colt, to match my Taylor's & Co. Drifter .45 Colt.

Latest posts

Top Bottom