The ultimate cool/silly and or odd rifle you always wish you had.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beardking

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I want a 50BMG. No good reason to want one and I sure can't afford to feed the dang thing, but I want one. Almost bought one a few years ago when I was making better money, but didn't. Probably best to be honest, since I don't have any place to take advantage of it and (again) I can't afford to feed it. Still want one though. 😁

Steelers Fan

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I grew up shooting an H&R Topper in .410. My dream gun at that time was a Savage O/U .22 hornet and 20 ga combo gun.
Looked at dozens over the years at gun shows, etc. Just can't understand why people don't understand the hinge on an O/U needs lube just as much as the action, but they don't. Never found one that didn't have a loose hinge. Sloppy as all get out.
I'm almost there though with a .22lr/.410 Savage combo gun that locks up tight as a watch movement. It shoots good.
I'm a Savage 24 fan and own several. Luckily mine are all tight. But since your a combo gun fan as I, let's both dream BIG. I'd like one or more of those German Drilling triple guns by Sauer & Sohn.
1706010406380.png

adamsredlines

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty good about picking up oddball stuff I like. Doesn't have to be practical for me like alot of guys. The one I've not done yet that yall have heard plenty of yammering from me about is a .460 Weatherby. Why I want one I have no idea. Maybe because everybody said how terrible the 458 Lott would be, and it wasn't that bad, so I wanna experience more? A rechambered Ruger No1 would be idea. They are just range toys.

The other that's eluded me is a OOW M1918.

Rez Exelon

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I'm pretty good about picking up oddball stuff I like. Doesn't have to be practical for me like alot of guys. The one I've not done yet that yall have heard plenty of yammering from me about is a .460 Weatherby. Why I want one I have no idea. Maybe because everybody said how terrible the 458 Lott would be, and it wasn't that bad, so I wanna experience more? A rechambered Ruger No1 would be idea. They are just range toys.

The other that's eluded me is a OOW M1918.
I appreciate your style since I think it's close to mine --- I love picking up ridiculous and collectible stuff. It warms my heart taking people out and letting them play with ridiculous stuff just for the giggles. Like, why do I need a 45/70 revolver?? Because it's ridiculous(ly fun) of course!

retrieverman

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Silly rifle, an AR-10 in 243 Win.
I had an Armalite AR10 243 for a while about 20 years ago, and it’s one of the rifles I wish I hadn’t let go.
Still after 40 years, I kind of lust after every Savage 24 I see, but I’ve handled a bunch and just never can make myself let go of the money.

Though impractical for my uses, I like double rifles and have had a Blaser S2 470 NE and a Merkel B3 9.3x74r, and though I don’t really know what I would do with it, someday I’d like to own a Heym 26b 30-30 O/U. I knew a guy that had one, and it’s a cool little rifle.
I recently heard about a gun builder that’s relatively close to me that builds high end double rifles off side by side shotgun actions, and I’m seriously thinking about having a SxS 30-30 built.

Latest posts

Top Bottom