hog hunting

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Hey my buddy and I are leaving out of OKC on Sat June 26th, to do a half day of hog hunting at Deep Fork WMA (southern Creek Co.). You can go with us if you practice exemplary firearm safety (please), and if you can be at my house no later than 3:45 am. It will be a 1/2 day hunt - sunup to probably 10 or 11, then run by my land for a couple minutes on way home, to fill feeder (extra 45 minutes), then home to OKC by 2 or 3 pm at the latest.

You or anyone else can come that wants to. Centerfire rifles are ok; so says game Warden Dwight. Bring bug spray.

Holy crap, r00s7a- that WAS funny - you speaking from experience there, down Antlers-way? :D

A hog in hand is worth two in the bush.

And one hog with a bush means you won't need your hand. OK, did I go too far? :eek: :D

Might I add I was in Wal-Mart on June 1st (I gotta get a calendar) and noticed an abundance of hogs.

Well I read somewhere the other day that OKC is the fattest or 2nd fattest city in the whole country, so it stands to reason.

Reaction score
Well we will probably hit it again at least once more this summer; probably twice; so be in touch; if there's no hogs found at Deep Fork, then we're hitting Canton or Ft. Cobb next time. Maybe this Indian land near Chickasha, or even Chickasaw National Recreation Area. So be in touch if you want to go next time.

These are places not too far, since it's too hot for more than a 1/2 day hunt. Hunt morning & come home. Dang I wish someone would release some hogs at Lexington & Thunderbird.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well we will probably hit it again at least once more this summer; probably twice; so be in touch; if there's no hogs found at Deep Fork, then we're hitting Canton or Ft. Cobb next time. Maybe this Indian land near Chickasha, or even Chickasaw National Recreation Area. So be in touch if you want to go next time.

These are places not too far, since it's too hot for more than a 1/2 day hunt.

Yeah man I will. I am hitting up anyone I see mention stuff like that. I am off for the summer (teacher) so need to find someone to go with. Hunting entertaining threads just pales in comparison to hunting in the woods.

Reaction score
OK, well I know very little about hunting hogs, but game warden says they're out there at Deep Fork. I might leave some bait out when I leave, for the next trip. I've got that area mapped out - there's 9 different specific areas we could hit along the south side of the river, among I think 5 general areas (4 west of Hwy 48, and 1 east). We might try out 1 or 2 the first trip to look for sign/hogs. But I don't know how thick and/or miserable it's gonna be up there. Be prepared for mud/bugs/hot. I'm gonna view some satellite imagery to look for crop fields off to the south of these areas.

Also, going to Tri-City THIS saturday morning to sight in 2 or 3 centerfires for this hunt and general purposes, if anyone wants to go.

BigTexOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

These are places not too far, since it's too hot for more than a 1/2 day hunt. Hunt morning & come home. Dang I wish someone would release some hogs at Lexington & Thunderbird.

I'll join you next time you go.

shootermcgavin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, well I know very little about hunting hogs, but game warden says they're out there at Deep Fork. I might leave some bait out when I leave, for the next trip. I've got that area mapped out - there's 9 different specific areas we could hit along the south side of the river, among I think 5 general areas (4 west of Hwy 48, and 1 east). We might try out 1 or 2 the first trip to look for sign/hogs. But I don't know how thick and/or miserable it's gonna be up there. Be prepared for mud/bugs/hot. I'm gonna view some satellite imagery to look for crop fields off to the south of these areas.

Also, going to Tri-City THIS saturday morning to sight in 2 or 3 centerfires for this hunt and general purposes, if anyone wants to go.

What time? I will see about meeting you there if I can.

Reaction score
OK, I can take guests. Let me see what matches are going on and get back with you.....if no matches on the long range, then maybe about 8:30-9:00 am. But if there is a match, then we'd have to hit it about 6:00 or so to have time to finish before they start, or wait until 11 or noon, when they are done.

AnnieOakley

Marksman
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live on SW Oklahoma, right near the Red River. I've got a buddy who has some land that is right on the river and we go down there and kill them. They're breeding faster than we can shoot 'em. If you're interested, we could definitely take ya!

skrinar70

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I live on SW Oklahoma, right near the Red River. I've got a buddy who has some land that is right on the river and we go down there and kill them. They're breeding faster than we can shoot 'em. If you're interested, we could definitely take ya!

You're gonna have half the people on this site kicking down your door to shoot some hogs now, I wanna be at the front of the line..... O and Welcome to OSA

Latest posts

Top Bottom