Holtzclaw Verdict

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nich018

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Please tell me you are joking. On a different note, my dad told me that he watched a press conference earlier where some of the women were going to sue the city claiming they new about the rapes and didn't do anything at first. And one of them even claimed that the governors office needed to be investigated. I didn't see it so I can't really say much on it.

^^^Heard something this morning on news about the victims wanting $175k each. Not sure about details.

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Counselling is a little extreme, they should spend atleast 15-20 years in the pokey. during that time, we can rehabilitate them. and no, not all rapists are murderers.

He didn't get 263 years for a rape; here's the list of the 36 charges brought against him, and the sentencing recommendation for each of the 18 counts of which he was convicted:

1. Sexual battery - Guilty - eight years
2. Procuring lewd exhibition - Not guilty
3. Burglary - Not guilty
4. Procuring lewd exhibition - Guilty - five years
5. Procuring lewd exhibition - Guilty - five years
6. Stalking - Not guilty
7. Sexual battery - Not guilty
8. Forcible oral sodomy - Guilty - 20 years
9. First-degree rape - Not guilty
10. Forcible oral sodomy - Guilty - 16 years
11. First-degree rape - Guilty - 30 years
12. Forcible oral sodomy - Not guilty
13. Sexual battery - Guilty - eight years
14. Sexual battery - Guilty - eight years
15. Procuring lewd exhibition - Guilty - five years
16. Forcible oral sodomy - Guilty - 16 years
17. Forcible oral sodomy - Not guilty
18. Procuring lewd exhibition - Not guilty
19. Procuring lewd exhibition - Not guilty
20. First-degree rape - Not guilty
21. Sexual battery - Not guilty
22. Sexual battery - Not guilty
23. Sexual battery - Not guilty
24. Forcible oral sodomy - Not guilty
25. Second-degree rape - Not guilty
26. Indecent exposure - Not guilty
27. Forcible oral sodomy - Guilty - 16 years
28. First-degree rape- Guilty - 30 years
29. First-degree rape - Guilty - 30 years
30. Sexual battery - Guilty - eight years
31. Second-degree rape - Guilty - 12 years
32. First-degree rape - Guilty - 30 years
33. Sexual battery - Guilty - eight years
34. Sexual battery - Guilty - eight years
35. Procuring lewd exhibition - Not guilty
36. Procuring lewd exhibition - Not guilty

He got 30 years for each of four first-degree rape charges; he got less for each of his other 14 convictions.

Here's the jury's verdict form; it lists the minimum and maximum for each of the charges.
attachment.php

On only one count--Count 8--did he get the maximum. He just did enough bad things to make it add up.
970a3c5d-42f9-4489-87ba-61cc04d09d0a.jpg

7stw

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I think there are very few cases where non-murder crimes should result in life in prison.

Rapists should be offered castration in return for a shorter sentence.

Rape is a serious and horrific crime, but it's not murder.

Wow just wow. Murder is permanent and only the victims family and loved ones as well as the guilty party have to deal with it. In the case of rape the victim gets to live with what was done to them everyday. I believe it's worse than murder especially in this case where this cone head used his power and authority to prey on these women. I'm sorry you feel the way you do. I think capital punishment would be a more just sentence in cases like this. He obviously has underlying mental issues to be capable of committing such atrocities. I sure wish doc would throw him in general population and let the problem take care of itself. Sometimes in life you have to stifle the bad ones.

Sent from NSA wire tapped device.

Fyrtwuck

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
One of the victims was on the news being interviewed and I got curious and checked her name with OSCN. She and some others have already filed for civil suit against him and the City.

Jestik

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I watched the verdict with my girlfriend. I explained to her the sentencing and what was happening, and why it was happening. I was telling her that the judge and jury represent the public, and that it was really society that was sending him to do that time.

The whole time the verdict was being read, the only thing I could think to say was...

"You done ****ed up brother"

I bet that was loneliest he has ever felt.

Gideon

Formerly SirROFL
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If the city knew and did nothing, I hope they win big.

People have no patience anymore for the correct process of law. People get upset when they call the police and the responding officers talk to everyone to figure out what's happening instead of instantly becoming their personal hit-men.

"We accused him of a crime and they made us wait for justice while he got a fair trial?!?! Obviously the system is broken since they didn't immediately fire/imprison/kill him."

Dave70968

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
People have no patience anymore for the correct process of law. People get upset when they call the police and the responding officers talk to everyone to figure out what's happening instead of instantly becoming their personal hit-men.

"We accused him of a crime and they made us wait for justice while he got a fair trial?!?! Obviously the system is broken since they didn't immediately fire/imprison/kill him."

You probably don't want to get into "process of law" with me.

Note carefully my words: "If the city knew." That indicates investigation, or at least some reasonable level of awareness beyond "somebody filed a complaint." Especially given the number of accusers (because I sincerely doubt he violated all of those women on the same day), it would not be at all surprising to find that the city knew (or should have known), even if only to the level of putting Holtzclaw on desk duty while the investigation continued.

We'll see what the court finds, of course, but my post is in no way impatient toward correct process of law.

Foghorn

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
There was only one complaint made against him. He was suspended and the investigators found the majority of the other victims by following up on his activity and gps locations.
Should his supervisors have known? Maybe, don't know all the details so I can't say either way.
But at least they seem to have done pretty good job of investigating one of their own..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Top Bottom