Home a/c went out - help needed

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Viper16

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
not true that he would have to switch to 410a and this is a trailer house we're talking about

I agree...my wording was fragmented and not aligned to what I meant to say, I was strictly speaking from the poster I quoted on replacing whole unit. There are manufacturers that still ship dry-condensers, as Rooster stated that with just nitrogen for field adding of R-22.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a new 3 ton R-22 a/c unit and evaporator coil installed two weeks ago Friday.......brick house not a mobile home.

My old 2.5 ton R-22 unit lasted almost twenty years to the day so I feel I more than got my money out of it.

saddlebum

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I had a new 3 ton R-22 a/c unit and evaporator coil installed two weeks ago Friday.......brick house not a mobile home.

My old 2.5 ton R-22 unit lasted almost twenty years to the day so I feel I more than got my money out of it.
If you were changing the evaporator coil too why did you stay with r22?

AKmoose

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Is it a all in one unit? If so I might have a deal for you, Coleman that came out of our trailer when we built our house. PM me if interested.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
You can still get a r-22 unit. They are shipped nitrogen charged, you have to charge them with r-22 in the field. I bought one yesterday.

OP, I can change it out for you if you want. I don't usually work the Shawnee area but will if you want me to. It will be Friday though. Booked tomorrow and have an attic install sched for Wednesday and Thursday due to the cooler temps. Call me 405-464-4142 if you can wait that long. I'll treat you right, don't have much overhead.
Thanks Rooster, I will let you know.

Hangfire

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
If you were changing the evaporator coil too why did you stay with r22?

The fella that did the work is a thirty year friend of mine and said it was going to be another $400.00 (parts & labor) to run a new line through the attic plus change out some sort of valve.......he advised against just doing a line flush.

He showed me his contractor receipt from Locke Supply for the a/c and coil and he was just going to charge me his cost (no mark up) and labor.

I accepted his offer of 'at cost' for the parts but I tipped him a spam can and 1/2 of 7.62x39 ammo and took him to Van's BBQ for lunch.

O4L

Sharpshooter
Staff Member
Special Hen Moderator Moderator
Reaction score
Well I can't afford the cost of a new condenser install, so I'm looking for a used condenser or a couple of window or portable units. If anyone knows of a deal, please let me know. Thanks.

Latest posts

Top Bottom