Home Automation?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Looking at some automation to make some new lighting a bit easier to control.

Everything I have found says X10 is a nogo, Insteon seems to be what alot of folks like.

Would be interested in hearing what you've done.

rhodesbe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Z-Wave is the new hotness. http://www.z-wavealliance.org/modules/AllianceStart/

Currently, 'automation' is limited to home security systems, door locks, lights, thermostats, and device power on/off, but they've signed a bangload of manufacturers this year who will start producing 'Z-Wave' enabled devices and appliances in the next 12 months. (ie: Keurig Z-Wave Coffee Maker in June 2012)

Lots of Z-Wave gateways and devices are already out there than enable control from smartphone or remote computer. Taking a tour on Amazon for 'Z-Wave' might help.

doctorjj

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have a lot of Insteon stuff in my house. It works great. The Indigo software makes it all very easy to control. I can see what is on and off and control it with my iPhone even when I'm not home. I love it.

Shoot Summ

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I have a lot of Insteon stuff in my house. It works great. The Indigo software makes it all very easy to control. I can see what is on and off and control it with my iPhone even when I'm not home. I love it.

Where are you buying the Insteon components?

Latest posts

Top Bottom