Home Built SBR Licensing

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
OK, got a question. I am building one of my 80% lowers into a SBR. It will be serialized for the SBR stamp, but my question is since I am building a home made gun, does it have to be transferred by a NFA Manufacturer, or can I build it myself?

jfssms

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
OK, got a question. I am building one of my 80% lowers into a SBR. It will be serialized for the SBR stamp, but my question is since I am building a home made gun, does it have to be transferred by a NFA Manufacturer, or can I build it myself?

You can finish your lower into a title one weapon without any dealer. Once your approved form 1 returns put your short barrel on it! no dealer needed.

Steve will be here shortly to correct me. :)

tyromeo55

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
You can do it all yourself. Hit me up when your ready to do the paperwork ( you can start it now) and I'll help you with it

gillman7

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
You can do it all yourself. Hit me up when your ready to do the paperwork ( you can start it now) and I'll help you with it

Cool! Ty, I will give you a holler. The lower hasn't arrived yet, but putting the rest together now. Need a 9mm bcg, and a Hahn block for the lower and a lpk.

Latest posts

Top Bottom