Home Free: Ring of Fire

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Coded-Dude

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
To appreciate good live music, you should really go to an amphitheater. Going to an indoor sporting arena is one of the worst places to see live music. I haven't been to the ford center for a concert, but have been to hundreds of shows at Arco arena aka Echo arena(and many others like it in CA). Even old play theaters turned to music venues have better sound than most of the sporting arenas, but the bigger acts are hard to see there(when they can easily sell thousands of tickets rather than hundreds). I have also had the fortune of seeing a few big names at small initmate venues and it was awesome. Live music, when at the right venue, with a good sound engineer is 100 fold better than anything recorded. YMMV I've probably been to at least a thousand live shows in my lifetime so far adn while I dont remember everyone it allowed me to see experience some truly great musicians and opened my eyes to ones I had never heard of before

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
For those who can appreciate this type music, another good group. They do a great version of "Little Drummer Boy" for Christmas.

For Lurker and some of the others. :P :P

Last edited by a moderator:

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
To appreciate good live music, you should really go to an amphitheater. Going to an indoor sporting arena is one of the worst places to see live music. I haven't been to the ford center for a concert, but have been to hundreds of shows at Arco arena aka Echo arena(and many others like it in CA). Even old play theaters turned to music venues have better sound than most of the sporting arenas, but the bigger acts are hard to see there(when they can easily sell thousands of tickets rather than hundreds). I have also had the fortune of seeing a few big names at small initmate venues and it was awesome. Live music, when at the right venue, with a good sound engineer is 100 fold better than anything recorded. YMMV I've probably been to at least a thousand live shows in my lifetime so far adn while I dont remember everyone it allowed me to see experience some truly great musicians and opened my eyes to ones I had never heard of before

Agreed. I was lucky enough to be stationed in Honolulu during the mid 70s and some some great shows.

TerryMiller

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score

Oops. Now that you've mentioned that, I have to confess to being a liar. There was a third concert which was to see Mannheim Steamroller at the "old" Civic Center there in OKC. I'm thinking it was a Christmas special, but I couldn't swear by it. That concert was a lot better, likely because of the venue. Thanks for reminding me.

Latest posts

Top Bottom