Onion rings anyone? Best?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rooster1971

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I love some really good onion rings. Have been dissatisfied several times. I think The Mule has it hands down with great sandwiches to boot.Have tried several around. Point me in a direction and I’ll try. Thanks.

madokie

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
i like Del Rancho's,, with a steak sandwich supreme and a vanilla malt,, yum YUM...but the best was Coits's rings,also with a Vanila malt in a ice cold large mug...you could take a long spoon and scrape the frozen malt off the inside of the mug ,nothing could beat that in the summer..

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I was partial to the rings at Johnnie's in Norman, but they closed down during the Rona times. Sonic's rings are a reliable, predictable "meh," but edible. I recall the rings at Red Robin as being decent, but it has been several years since I had them.

The Garage started making onion rings last year. They have great burgers and pretty good fries, but they should've skipped the rings. The ones I got were waaaaay too greasy and didn't do anything to make up for it.

The rest of the onion rings I've tried have ranged from forgettable to severely disappointing, so I'm hoping to get some good recommendations.

RickN

Eye Bleach Salesman
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
We do not eat them often enough to really compare but the wife and I both like Johnnies rings. I wish I could remember the name of the restaurant back in the 70s or 80s we would go to for lunch from the job site. I keep thinking Ken's but that was pizza. Anyway you would always see trays of rings after the first dipping letting the excess run off. Then they were dipped again before frying. So good.

Glock 'em down

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Have you ever chopped up Vidalias and put them in your cornbread? It is great.

Yup. I make a cornbread called "Duke's Cornbread" which is two boxes of Jiffy (prepared normally) along with a 14.5oz can of cream style corn, one cup of sour cream, one small or half of a large Vidalia onion, one cup of shredded sharp cheddar cheese, two cloves of minced fresh garlic and two teaspoons of diced jalapenos. Awesome!

Latest posts

Top Bottom