Home HOA issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I would take a copy of that over to the cable company and hand it to them and show them there is already a utility easement. From there it should pretty much be a slam dunk for them as long as said utility will be installed underground.
I already sent them a copy and for some reason they are still waiting on the vote results. Hopefully after the vote they will say screw it and put it in anyway. This whole process has been a big crock of crap.

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So on what specific covenant is this asshat saying they can't come in? Sounds like as long as they are burying the lines, they are good to go and the HOA overlord can go pound sand. At least that's the way I read it.

But now that voting is started the cable provider will likely have to wait and see what happens, since the covenants provide for changes through the voting process. They have no way of knowing what will occur or specifically what's being voted on.

JD8

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I already sent them a copy and for some reason they are still waiting on the vote results. Hopefully after the vote they will say screw it and put it in anyway. This whole process has been a big crock of crap.

They don't want to be sued either. Probably won't proceed if there's even a hint they'll be brought into court.

SoonerP226

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
They don't want to be sued either. Probably won't proceed if there's even a hint they'll be brought into court.
Even if the lawsuit doesn't go anywhere, and even if they use in-house counsel, it would still cost them money to make it go away. It would take a long time for a handful of installs to recover that cost, so their safest course of action is to wait and see if the problem resolves itself.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So we voted again by “secret” ballot this weekend and still hadn’t heard the results as of about an hour ago. My wife called the president and asked if they had the results yet and he said “yes” “it was another tie”. My wife said so what happens now? The old man said “they ain’t coming in that’s what’s happening. “. My wife got pissed and griped at him and he was a jerk to her she said. He wasn’t even gonna tell everyone what the results were. But I know why. He is so used to running this place that he knew no one would say anything to him about it. Well I am not everyone else. I don’t like confrontations and I’m a Christian but I ain’t taking this crap. I have never seen anything like it. This guy literally thinks he owns this place. I guarantee our pathetic excuse of an HOA isn’t following all the rules they are supposed to. Why would they? No one is gonna do any digging. Hopefully my lawyer is going to eat their lunch and this sorry excuse will get what’s coming to him. I haven’t gotten in for my meeting yet but once I do I will let you know what they say. As I said before, he is talking about “rules” that aren’t in the covenants and restrictions that his wife gave me when we moved in. My friend didn’t get anything. If there are other bylaws then they intentionally didn’t give them to us. They don’t want us knowing the rules. That alone should be against the law. It says in our covenants and restrictions the sole purpose of the HOA is to better the appearance of the addition. Not a dang thing has been done to better it since I have lived here. We even raised the dues to make some improvements and they have never happened. I guarantee the president is pocketing money. No one ever sees any financials. I pray that in the end this guy is not only forced out as president but that the whole HOA is dissolved. What is taking place just shouldn’t be legal.

MacFromOK

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I am talking with my lawyer on Monday or at least setting up an appointment.
I thought you were going to contact a lawyer on Monday.

Today is Tuesday...
106176-8f0090b7cee06ce6a86d722a4658fb7a.jpg

andrsnsm

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
This is all the documents I received for our HOA.

Those are very basic but they are the legal documents (I assume there is an executed version of the first one on file) that establish the association and the CCR’s. Every buy should receive these documents at closing but realtors and title companies don’t always do what they are supposed to.

That said, there is only one mention of utilities in the CCR’s and it states they should be underground. Installing fiber optic is not an improvement it is a utility that the provider can not be restricted by the HOA from installing in the utility easements. It is possible that the HOA should be compensated to cover costs of any damage to easements in common areas but it doesn’t sound like that is an issue there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Last edited:

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The coward president wouldn’t come to each house to hand deliver the latest results so he mailed them to us. What the letter says is a bunch of crap. I was referred to another lawyer and they haven’t called me back yet. But I am not letting up. I spoke with Vyve again two days ago and he said they were probably just gonna go ahead and install it anyway. He is supposed to call me back and let me know what the VP decides. This guy is something else. Some of the neighbors are trying to get a meeting together to discuss this and he is making excuses saying “since softball and baseball have started it’s too hard to get a meeting together “. He knows if he does he will be called out for what he has done. He talks about being impartial yet he was going around lying to the residents. Really sounds impartial doesn’t it? I want to call him and tell him off so bad but I’m not. I’m gonna handle it the right way.

Attachments

• 42507743-B6CB-4DD7-BB39-0192B465C5A4.jpeg
    42507743-B6CB-4DD7-BB39-0192B465C5A4.jpeg
    69.3 KB · Views: 127

Latest posts

Top Bottom