Home HOA issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Well, here a little problem I recently had dropped in my yard. Adjacent HOA's, both stipulate 6ft fence height. Literally hundreds of 30 yr old homes, in multiple associations, all with 6 ft fences. Until today.....

View attachment 135241 View attachment 135243 View attachment 135242

Interestingly he didn't go to the end of our adjacent property line but stopped and ramped back down to 6ft. Just enough to keep it tucked in behind his roof line to satisfy a casual glance from the busy street. My rough calc is it's a bit over 8ft. Calling code enforcement Monday. Sucks to have a 20 yr view stolen by some ones unacceptable behavior.

Your city code enforcement enforces HOA CCRs? I've never heard of that before. You probably have to drop a dime on the HOA, not the city.

Oklahomabassin

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, here a little problem I recently had dropped in my yard. Adjacent HOA's, both stipulate 6ft fence height. Literally hundreds of 30 yr old homes, in multiple associations, all with 6 ft fences. Until today.....

View attachment 135241 View attachment 135243 View attachment 135242

Interestingly he didn't go to the end of our adjacent property line but stopped and ramped back down to 6ft. Just enough to keep it tucked in behind his roof line to satisfy a casual glance from the busy street. My rough calc is it's a bit over 8ft. Calling code enforcement Monday. Sucks to have a 20 yr view stolen by some ones unacceptable behavior.
Did the city inspector agree that it was out of code?

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Any updates on this?
Also @RickN, I came home from work today and noticed white utility flags going down through my addition. I got curious so I texted the contact at Vyve I know and then about 15 minutes later I received a call from the VP at Vyve! He told me the flags were theirs and that they would be out Monday to start installing service in here!! Vyve spoke with their lawyers and with the country sheriff and both said they have every right to proceed with the install and that if any problems should arise the deputies would come out to straighten it out. Vyve called the HOA president and told him that he couldn’t do a thing to stop them and the president told them they better not step foot on his property. I noticed the other day he had put a bunch of no trespassing signs all around his property. He is like a little kid. Hopefully nobody else tries to cause any problems. It will be Vyve doing the install so if anyone has any questions they will be able to ask the crew. We haven’t had another HOA meeting yet so we haven’t been able to get anything done about removing him. But as soon as we do I am calling a motion to impeach the president. He isn’t doing his duty. He is actually doing more to hurt this addition than to help it.

Cowcatcher

Unarmed boating accident survivor
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Also @RickN, I came home from work today and noticed white utility flags going down through my addition. I got curious so I texted the contact at Vyve I know and then about 15 minutes later I received a call from the VP at Vyve! He told me the flags were theirs and that they would be out Monday to start installing service in here!! Vyve spoke with their lawyers and with the country sheriff and both said they have every right to proceed with the install and that if any problems should arise the deputies would come out to straighten it out. Vyve called the HOA president and told him that he couldn’t do a thing to stop them and the president told them they better not step foot on his property. I noticed the other day he had put a bunch of no trespassing signs all around his property. He is like a little kid. Hopefully nobody else tries to cause any problems. It will be Vyve doing the install so if anyone has any questions they will be able to ask the crew. We haven’t had another HOA meeting yet so we haven’t been able to get anything done about removing him. But as soon as we do I am calling a motion to impeach the president. He isn’t doing his duty. He is actually doing more to hurt this addition than to help it.
I'm smiling with ya!

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
So my wife came home earlier and noticed one of the neighbors at the very front put no trespassing signs up as well. And he removed the utility flags. Even though they didn’t go into his yard. They were in the easement. I sure hope none of these neighbors try and cause problems to which Vyve says forget it. And this guy is a Shawnee cop. He is also a jerk that thinks he is a bad rear. The kind that gives good cops a bad name. I just don’t understand these people. Apparently the cop isn’t smart enough to know he don’t own the easement.

Latest posts

Top Bottom