Home HOA issues

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
If the easement for utilities are granted, then he can piss up a rope. IANAL. Talk to your lawyer. If he raises a fuss, tell him to go file for an injunction.

SMS

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
The CCRs you posted state that there must be a written record of the vote...as a member of the association, he should have to provide you that written record.

tRidiot

Perpetually dissatisfied
Special Hen
Reaction score
The CCRs you posted state that there must be a written record of the vote...as a member of the association, he should have to provide you that written record.

All of them... sounds like Mr. President is certainly playing fast and loose with the rules. I would push for your HOA to be run a WHOLE LOT MORE officially if they're going to throw around their weight trying to keep you from getting utilities like better internet. Internet is a huge deal to me and to have a faster better service like fiber or something, I would make a YUUUUUUUUGE stink.

As mentioned before - he is in CLEAR violation of his own rules and if I were you, I might just think about paying to file suit. What you've described is ridiculous, and according to the documents, you've got what looks like a slam dunk. Suing the everloving crap out of the HOA and the President PERSONALLY is one way to make sure things get done right in the future, yes? Also, as mentioned above, I would bet they don't have Board Insurance. We got it for a non-profit board I am on, and I can't believe we didn't do it sooner!

F*** 'em. They brought it on themselves.

PBramble

Let's Eat
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOAs are a pain. When I bought my house, I stipulated no HOA to the realtor. That's what I got. I bought from the family that acquired the land during the land run. There is a development behind me that has an HOA. One of their members is convinced when I bought this place, I automatically became part of the HOA and is mad that I don't participate. I pay their road fees as a nicety, but refuse to live by their rules. It also helps to be in good with the HOA president, and he doesn't care I'm not part of the group.

CHenry

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
HOAs no longer serve the intended purpose they were originally set up for. I recently bought a new house and I was looking for ever for one that had no HAOs but just couldnt find that so I had to just try and find the most easy going and reasonable HOAs that I could and I think I did.
I feel for ya.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
All of them... sounds like Mr. President is certainly playing fast and loose with the rules. I would push for your HOA to be run a WHOLE LOT MORE officially if they're going to throw around their weight trying to keep you from getting utilities like better internet. Internet is a huge deal to me and to have a faster better service like fiber or something, I would make a YUUUUUUUUGE stink.

As mentioned before - he is in CLEAR violation of his own rules and if I were you, I might just think about paying to file suit. What you've described is ridiculous, and according to the documents, you've got what looks like a slam dunk. Suing the everloving crap out of the HOA and the President PERSONALLY is one way to make sure things get done right in the future, yes? Also, as mentioned above, I would bet they don't have Board Insurance. We got it for a non-profit board I am on, and I can't believe we didn't do it sooner!

F*** 'em. They brought it on themselves.
If these worthless lawyers would call me back I would. I originally called a friend of mine and it took days to find out he don’t deal with that stuff. Got referred to another one and she hasn’t called me back. So that led me to contact another one and haven’t heard from them. But as soon as I do I am proceeding to sue. And the president will be the main one. Hopefully I can put an end to this crap. Our HOA serves no purpose other than to take our money and that’s it. When you have a president that is hell bent on stopping fiber internet from coming in he should immediately be removed. His job is to enforce rules not try and control every little thing. My friend that moved in around the corner is ticked too. And his wife don’t take any crap. Glad I have someone on my side.

Riley

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Well, here a little problem I recently had dropped in my yard. Adjacent HOA's, both stipulate 6ft fence height. Literally hundreds of 30 yr old homes, in multiple associations, all with 6 ft fences. Until today.....

upload_2019-4-12_23-19-49.jpeg upload_2019-4-12_23-21-45.jpeg upload_2019-4-12_23-20-42.jpeg

Interestingly he didn't go to the end of our adjacent property line but stopped and ramped back down to 6ft. Just enough to keep it tucked in behind his roof line to satisfy a casual glance from the busy street. My rough calc is it's a bit over 8ft. Calling code enforcement Monday. Sucks to have a 20 yr view stolen by some ones unacceptable behavior.

Latest posts

Top Bottom