Home insurance - who do you use?

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gearys 5600

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
I have used allstate for 25 years, I have 1 home, 3 cars, 2-boats,and life insurance with them. I had 1 auto claim 10 years ago. I recieved my homeowners renewal a few days ago and it increased 60% from last year. WTF !!!! I am looking for a new insurance co.

Cedar Creek

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Farmers for 20+ years on home + 2 vehicles. Both my kids are on their own now - they use State Farm and get a good deal. We have had great experiences on hail damage to roof twice - their adjuster is super. Our agent is a worthless sack of s*&+ and doesn't help a bit. That's why we steered our kids in a different direction.

Cedar Creek

Shadowrider

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Country Companies, Grady Underwood is my agent. Had zero hassles on a hail claim on the car and a roof replacement on the house, hail again and several years apart. They sent a check out pronto both times with no BS.

gl55

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
When I switched auto and homeowners from Liberty Mutual to AAA 8 years ago they saved me $5600/year. I was insuring 4 cars and 1 house. That was before they started that only pay for what you need campaign. When I showed the AAA agent my policy declarations and rates from LM he was shocked at what they were charging me. I also got better HO coverage with AAA than with LM and AAA included earthquake coverage in their standard policy, My only issue with AAA currently is how they have continued to raise my house valuation yearly until it is over $100K over what the house would ever sell for. They refuse to reconsider the valuation for replacement cost coverage and they don't have actual cash value policies.

Latest posts

Top Bottom