Home Invasion Last Night!

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Sundance

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its good to hear she didn't have to shoot anyone. I would imagine that would be hard to get over for awhile. Sure don't need all that stress while carrying the little one. Sounds like she did all the right things.

minihawk1

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad to hear your wife and child to be are ok. Its scary to think I live in the same area and it could've happen to anyone. Very good thing you and your wife have trained for that kind of situation. This is gonna make me a lot more alert since that low life is still out there. I don't unsterstand why people are like this its just sad.

David2012

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Glad the family is OK as well.

My brother was very concerned about his wife & teenage daughter being alone when he was out of town and experiencing what your wife went through, but couldn't afford to install a expensive concrete safe room inside his older home like he wanted to do... so recently when he was building a walk-in closet in his large master bedroom he made a pretty good effort at fortifying it. He double studded the walls using 2x6's and spaced them 12" apart on center-- densely packed with insulation, covering the studs with 3/4" plywood.. using screws. Then finished it out with sheetrock outside & cedar inside. Also installed a steel door & frame and small air vents for circulation-- the door has a peep hole so they can see into the room. Drop a 2X4 across the door into the metal brackets on either side of the frame and the door can't be kicked in. Then they have a 20 gauge shotgun & .38 spl inside the closet. I think he even ran a phone line into the closet. They ever hear a unexplained bang / crash or someone is trying to force his way into the house.. they'll run lock themselves in the hiddy hole and call the police.

UnSafe

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
And now the challenge will be how to get her to feel safe in the home again.

Spooky, a thief that'll kick in a door, continue in despite lights on (assuming?), a barking dog and likely presence of occupants.

Have you considered it being someone that knows you or your wife, vs. an anonymous crook in search of pawnable electronics and other valuables?

ripnbst

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Prayers for the baby. High stress can sometimes be hell on a pregnancy. I pray that the scum who took your laptop truly only took your laptop. Keep us posted and again I pray for a healthy baby for you both.

The fact they took ONLY the laptop makes me think it could have potentially been someone after something specific. Since the cops didn't find them are you thinking maybe they live nearby?

Jeff405

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Wow, Glad everyone is safe. That sounds close to my home near 134th & Western. Luckily my wife and I both love shooting also and we have 2 dogs, one big, one small and both make alot of noise when they hear something at night.

rings

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Damn glad to hear your wife and unborn child are both okay!!

Also having a game plan in place is a genius idea as well, something I will start going over with my family members!

Good luck on getting the safe/secure feeling back, it takes a while I hate to say...

Latest posts

Top Bottom