Home Titles and the theft thereof

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

turkeyrun

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
What better way to make $$$$$.

Create a non-existent problem. Use scare tactics to sell your cure. Take in $$$$ and do nothing else.

Even better than Gates and his virus / vaccine.

tynyphil

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Here’s something I like/use. Not sure how often updated. HuntStand app. It has a function that you can see the owner of record of ANY parcel/lot. Another I visit is the Oklahoma County Assessor page. They have a “Gortex Viewer” where you can zoom in on any lot and see satellite,owner,etc

crapsguy

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Isn't there some kind of law that protects a home owner against someone stealing or attempting to steal a title or land deed?

If so, why would I have to pay some company to watch my title to my home so no one steals it? There should be some recourse for the homeowner even if the home has liens against it that were illegally obtained. Processes that would require absolute proof of who you are and the clearance of titles.

What say you?
check with your county courthouse - pretty sure they contact the property owner via mail to the address on file anytime a deed is filed -- also some of them actually carry insurance to protect YOU for that type of fraud -- IMO the insurance is a scam

mr ed

Sharpshooter
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Years ago a guy tried that and I think he was partly successful.
When Red Castle first bought their indoor range building there was this crazy old man who went up and down 11th st. filing bogus deeds on every abandoned building.
I think he managed to sell a couple, about 11th and Quincy. that were so bad the owners kissed them goodbye.
It cost everybody a bunch of money to straighten it out and I think the guy finally went to jail over it.
I think we only got lucky cause one member/ officer was a Tulsa Assistant DA
But I don't think that Home title lock scam crap would have stopped a thing.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
I checked mine yesterday and saw my current mortgage and then another one including a sale! I about had a heart attack and when I clicked on it I realized it was my cousins wife. They are getting a divorce and the property was on there for something about being sold before foreclosure. Picture my cousin having the same last name as me and then his wife had the same first name and middle initial as me!! Other than that I’m good.

I don’t understand how this can happen when it takes forever just to buy a house. Selling takes some time too. And there is a ton of paperwork as y’all know. How could someone steal my property that easily? Why isn’t buying or selling a home that easy? I’m skeptical of this being done. Not saying it hasn’t or won’t happen; I just bet it’s very rare. To me, the clerk or whoever authorized it should be held accountable. I should have to be there in person for anything regarding a sell of my property or anything seriously related to it.

rickm

Sharpshooter
Special Hen
Reaction score
Its really not that hard if you think about it, in this computer age with all these legal templates on the web all you have to do is download the one you want and fill it in how ever you want. A criminal has always got stuff done quicker than the honest person cause they dont go thru the legal process and make sure it is right if the criminal get caught they dont care they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.

Fredkrueger100

Dream Master
Supporting Member
Special Hen Supporter
Reaction score
Its really not that hard if you think about it, in this computer age with all these legal templates on the web all you have to do is download the one you want and fill it in how ever you want. A criminal has always got stuff done quicker than the honest person cause they dont go thru the legal process and make sure it is right if the criminal get caught they dont care they have nothing to lose and everything to gain.
You’re right about that. I still say we should have to be there in person. Shouldn’t be hard to stop this from happening.

Latest posts

Top Bottom